Monte Cristo THURS @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Re: Monte Cristo THURS @ the MSC

Post by Rabbitz »

tailgaitingph wrote:
September 17, 2020 10:13 pm
lime rickie wrote:
September 17, 2020 9:59 pm
Greek names would be so much prettier, e.g. Athena, Aphrodite, Bacchus, etc...
They used my name last year so I'm good :lol:
But I have to agree that Greek names are much prettier. Not sure NB is on that list though :wink:
Wow there was a hurricane called "tailgaitingph"?
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman

tailgaitingph
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Rabbitz wrote:
September 17, 2020 8:22 pm
How, exactly, are they allowed to call themselves a hotel without a bar? Surely that makes them a motel or flophouse!
I did wonder the same. This hotel (Residence Inn) is a 'sister' of Marriott. My traveling partner is a member of Marriott so we got a really good deal.
Plus, we've found out that every other hotel in the area (including ours) is completely sold out due to the hurricane so I won't complain too much about not having a bar out loud anyway :lol:

tailgaitingph
At the Bama Breeze

Post by tailgaitingph »

Rabbitz wrote:
September 17, 2020 10:18 pm
tailgaitingph wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
But I have to agree that Greek names are much prettier. Not sure NB is on that list though :wink:
Everytime I tailgate
:lol: :lol: :lol:

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Rabbitz wrote:
September 17, 2020 10:18 pm
tailgaitingph wrote:
lime rickie wrote:
I wondered too.
🤣😂🤣😂

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

LIPH wrote:
September 17, 2020 2:29 pm
Saltx3 wrote:
September 17, 2020 1:42 pm
home now -- left at noon -- another crazy court day although most of it was via video -- still crazy.

9 of the 15 "protesters" (about the shooting early last week) who were arrested were in the courthouse for their bail hearings this morning. All have been in jail since the lower court judge set their bail at 1 MILLION each and there is an outcry.....he has received death threats -- our Lt Gov called his actions unconstitutional -- the national news is covering the story. Its a freaking #*($ show !!!!
One of the articles I read said 2 of the people being held claim they were acting as medics. They're both 20 year old college students. If they don't have any medical training, "acting as medics" could be considered practicing medicine without a license, which is a crime. A smart prosecutor should add that to the charges, their own words should be good enough to convict them.
I’m thinking the DA has that in their back pocket.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good late evening - for some.

Glad Steve and Michi are okay. And Andrea is safe. Hope the marina isn't totally destroyed, Steve.

Another hot day in the office, but at 3:30, we were told the part had come in and the compressor had been fixed. I hope that it'll NOT be 80+ degrees inside tomorrow.

One of my jobs at work is the biggest thing I do. It's correcting/adjusting online time cards - which is connected to the time clock the staff punches. If they make a mistake, they have to fill out a form so I can correct things manually (I have probably processed over 2000 forms in 2 years). Today the powers that be created a new form, and it's awful. Messy, complicated, and I foresee a lot more mistakes than I ever had to deal with. :-? I can't do a training 'meeting' cause no one works a set schedule, I have night/day shift people. And not one person consulted those of us who have to deal with these forms. Grrrr..

Ready for the weekend, that's for sure. Sleep sweet.

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SMLCHNG »

Rabbitz wrote:
How, exactly, are they allowed to call themselves a hotel without a bar? Surely that makes them a motel or flophouse!
There are MANY hotels in the US that are very nice, but don't offer a bar.

Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

SMLCHNG wrote:
September 17, 2020 11:38 pm
Rabbitz wrote:
There are MANY hotels in the US that are very nice, but don't offer a bar.
Another case of two cultures separated by a common language.

Hotel has two distinct meanings here in Oz. By far the most common is what we also call a pub (shortened from "Public Bar" I believe). A hotel of this type will have at least two bars, bistro/restaurant and in most cases a 'beer garden' (an outdoor licenced area). In country towns it will also have a few accommodation rooms. Historically, in the days of yore, the two bars were generally the Public Bar, where the men and their dogs went to drink beer and to talk about men folk things, women were discouraged from entering this domain and those who did were "of a certain reputation" or would soon be. Then there was the Ladies Lounge for the women folk and their shandies or lemonades.

The other meaning of hotel is what you think of when you think of The Hilton or Holiday Inn. Mostly accommodation but with restaurant and bar hospitality services.

If either fail to have bar and restaurant facilities I struggle to see how they qualify for the name "hotel".
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman

tailgaitingph
At the Bama Breeze

Post by tailgaitingph »

Saltx3 wrote:
September 17, 2020 11:35 pm
LIPH wrote:
September 17, 2020 2:29 pm
Saltx3 wrote:
September 17, 2020 1:42 pm
home now -- left at noon -- another crazy court day although most of it was via video -- still crazy.

9 of the 15 "protesters" (about the shooting early last week) who were arrested were in the courthouse for their bail hearings this morning. All have been in jail since the lower court judge set their bail at 1 MILLION each and there is an outcry.....he has received death threats -- our Lt Gov called his actions unconstitutional -- the national news is covering the story. Its a freaking #*($ show !!!!
One of the articles I read said 2 of the people being held claim they were acting as medics. They're both 20 year old college students. If they don't have any medical training, "acting as medics" could be considered practicing medicine without a license, which is a crime. A smart prosecutor should add that to the charges, their own words should be good enough to convict them.
I’m thinking the DA has that in their back pocket.
That's, unfortunately, what I was think too. Sad!

tailgaitingph
At the Bama Breeze

Post by tailgaitingph »

SMLCHNG wrote:

Glad Steve and Michi are okay. And Andrea is safe. Hope the marina isn't totally destroyed, Steve.

Another hot day in the office, but at 3:30, we were told the part had come in and the compressor had been fixed. I hope that it'll NOT be 80+ degrees inside tomorrow.

One of my jobs at work is the biggest thing I do. It's correcting/adjusting online time cards - which is connected to the time clock the staff punches. If they make a mistake, they have to fill out a form so I can correct things manually (I have probably processed over 2000 forms in 2 years). Today the powers that be created a new form, and it's awful. Messy, complicated, and I foresee a lot more mistakes than I ever had to deal with. :-? I can't do a training 'meeting' cause no one works a set schedule, I have night/day shift people. And not one person consulted those of us who have to deal with these forms. Grrrr..

Thanks for the love Penny!
So sorry about the new system...that sounds like a pain in the a$$.
Shame that people who make those decisions can change things without asking those that do it what would or wouldn't work!

tailgaitingph
At the Bama Breeze

Post by tailgaitingph »

Rabbitz wrote:
September 18, 2020 12:59 am

Another case of two cultures separated by a common language.

Hotel has two distinct meanings here in Oz. By far the most common is what we also call a pub (shortened from "Public Bar" I believe). A hotel of this type will have at least two bars, bistro/restaurant and in most cases a 'beer garden' (an outdoor licenced area). In country towns it will also have a few accommodation rooms. Historically, in the days of yore, the two bars were generally the Public Bar, where the men and their dogs went to drink beer and to talk about men folk things, women were discouraged from entering this domain and those who did were "of a certain reputation" or would soon be. Then there was the Ladies Lounge for the women folk and their shandies or lemonades.

The other meaning of hotel is what you think of when you think of The Hilton or Holiday Inn. Mostly accommodation but with restaurant and bar hospitality services.

If either fail to have bar and restaurant facilities I struggle to see how they qualify for the name "hotel".
Wellll, that would be the bar I would be attending :lol: [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

Saltx3
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

tailgaitingph wrote:
September 18, 2020 2:17 am
SMLCHNG wrote:

Thanks for the love Penny!
So sorry about the new system...that sounds like a pain in the a$$.
Shame that people who make those decisions can change things without asking those that do it what would or wouldn't work!
Ain't that the truth !!!
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda