Hoping for Sunshine WED @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Hoping for Sunshine WED @ the MSC

Post by lime rickie »

big john wrote: August 5, 2020 2:14 pm Finally got some good news. My stepdaughter has been furloughed from her job at the airline since April.
She qualifies for unemployment benefits plus the federal $600 per week stipend. In three and one half months
she has yet to receive anything. No one at the state unemployment office would answer the phone, return messages,
or reply to emails. Our local congressman made inquiries and could not get an answer. So I got involved.

I left many messages at the unemployment office. No reply. I then called the opinion editor of the local newspaper at
the state capitol. She put me in touch with the communications director of the state department of labor and industry.
I blew up that person's phone with messages and so did the reporter with the paper.

Today my daughter got a call from the unemployment office. She'll have her money by Friday from the state and by
Tuesday from the federal gov't. We're talking a crapload of money that she was due. Sometimes you just got to raise
some hell and rattle some cages.

We then called the woman from the newspaper and thanked her over and over. She is going to speak to the governor
on this issue shortly.
Well done! [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Sad news for NY area folks, Pete Hamill has passed away. Amazing newsman and writer.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/05/pete-hami ... ead-at-85/
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

His brother Denis was also a writer. Not bad but nowhere near Pete's talent.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

big john wrote: August 5, 2020 2:14 pm Finally got some good news. My stepdaughter has been furloughed from her job at the airline since April.
She qualifies for unemployment benefits plus the federal $600 per week stipend. In three and one half months
she has yet to receive anything. No one at the state unemployment office would answer the phone, return messages,
or reply to emails. Our local congressman made inquiries and could not get an answer. So I got involved.

I left many messages at the unemployment office. No reply. I then called the opinion editor of the local newspaper at
the state capitol. She put me in touch with the communications director of the state department of labor and industry.
I blew up that person's phone with messages and so did the reporter with the paper.

Today my daughter got a call from the unemployment office. She'll have her money by Friday from the state and by
Tuesday from the federal gov't. We're talking a crapload of money that she was due. Sometimes you just got to raise

We then called the woman from the newspaper and thanked her over and over. She is going to speak to the governor
on this issue shortly.
Congratulations to your daughter for getting what she deserves and thank you for raising hell. ❤
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

There's a liquor store about 15 miles away that just started carrying both of these beers. I may have to take a ride tomorrow and buy some.

what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

LIPH wrote: August 5, 2020 4:38 pm There's a liquor store about 15 miles away that just started carrying both of these beers. I may have to take a ride tomorrow and buy some.

Lol. Great marketing!
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

on this issue shortly.
Holy crap. That’s terrible. So glad she has you in her corner!
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Cheers
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

big john wrote: August 5, 2020 1:58 pm
melon59 wrote: August 5, 2020 8:32 am Had a cool dry night, slept with the windows open! No rain in the forecast for today!
The shop opened up to the public yesterday and we had a lot of shoppers. Everyone complied with wearing masks except for one woman with 2 teens. She refused my offer to give her one, started yelling that it's not a state mandate and she had a medical condition that exempts her from wearing one. ( What about the teens?) I explained that we only have 2 designers on staff and if one of us gets sick we have to completely close. She yelled at me that we just lost a lot of money, she's going to another flower shop, that she used to work here and that I was stupid and needed to educate myself.🙄🙄🙄
I'll bet her name was "Karen". :pirate:
😂🤣😂
You're Killing Me Smalls
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

on this issue shortly.
Good for you!!!
You're Killing Me Smalls
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

Man, we took a hit from the storm.
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

lime rickie wrote: August 5, 2020 12:52 pm
melon59 wrote: August 5, 2020 8:32 am Had a cool dry night, slept with the windows open! No rain in the forecast for today!
The shop opened up to the public yesterday and we had a lot of shoppers. Everyone complied with wearing masks except for one woman with 2 teens. She refused my offer to give her one, started yelling that it's not a state mandate and she had a medical condition that exempts her from wearing one. ( What about the teens?) I explained that we only have 2 designers on staff and if one of us gets sick we have to completely close. She yelled at me that we just lost a lot of money, she's going to another flower shop, that she used to work here and that I was stupid and needed to educate myself.🙄🙄🙄
Good for you standing firm. Why do people have to be such weenies?
The thing is....I have an autoimmune disease and I don't have hair and wear a baseball hat to work. But a lot of people assume I have cancer and she couldn't have given a rats a$$ if she could have made me sick. It was all about her medical condition and her right to not wear a mask.
You're Killing Me Smalls
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

melon59 wrote: August 5, 2020 6:54 pm
The thing is....I have an autoimmune disease and I don't have hair and wear a baseball hat to work. But a lot of people assume I have cancer and she couldn't have given a rats a$$ if she could have made me sick. It was all about her medical condition and her right to not wear a mask.
😡🤬😡🤬
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

springparrot wrote: August 5, 2020 7:05 pm
melon59 wrote: August 5, 2020 6:54 pm
😡🤬😡🤬
Sometimes people just really don't care about anything or anyone else but themselves.
You're Killing Me Smalls
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

I wonder if these crack pots saying wearing a mask is a violation on their rights to enter a business are the same phoney patriots that agreed the bakery has the right to refuse certain wedding cakes.
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Moog, did you notice the User Name and Password that i gave your buddy JJ?

Read them backwards... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

MICHIPHIN wrote: August 5, 2020 7:23 pm Moog, did you notice the User Name and Password that i gave your buddy JJ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

Top work Big John.

So as I alluded to a couple of days ago there is some upheaval going on at work. At this time yesterday I was pretty much out of a job.

In my role I do work for a whole bunch of divisions around the company (and around the globe) so I got on the blower to a few of the manager types I have done work that saved their bacon a few times.

12 hours from being given the news that I would need to be redeployed or got rid of, I now have the choice of three roles. Two of these roles are in different states but for the time being I can simply work remotely. Moving is on the cards and Mrs Rabz is already looking at real estate sites but pandemic wise it might not be so easy...
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
phinster

Post by phinster »

moog wrote: August 5, 2020 7:29 pm
MICHIPHIN wrote: August 5, 2020 7:23 pm Moog, did you notice the User Name and Password that i gave your buddy JJ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Been awhile since Phinster has been out of the house.....may be time for him to create some havoc again..
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Rabbitz wrote: August 5, 2020 7:33 pm Top work Big John.

So as I alluded to a couple of days ago there is some upheaval going on at work. At this time yesterday I was pretty much out of a job.

In my role I do work for a whole bunch of divisions around the company (and around the globe) so I got on the blower to a few of the manager types I have done work that saved their bacon a few times.

12 hours from being given the news that I would need to be redeployed or got rid of, I now have the choice of three roles. Two of these roles are in different states but for the time being I can simply work remotely. Moving is on the cards and Mrs Rabz is already looking at real estate sites but pandemic wise it might not be so easy...
Wow! This really bites. All the best to you, Rabz.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.