Finally Friday @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Re: Finally Friday @ the MSC

Post by springparrot »

tailgaitingph wrote: May 15, 2020 4:16 pm Kenny finally announced he is postponing his 2020 tour :cry:
Hotels were cancelled today so I'll drink to that [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
Wondering how long it will take for others shows to follow his lead.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

tailgaitingph wrote: May 15, 2020 4:11 pm
Elrod wrote: May 15, 2020 2:46 pm
MICHIPHIN wrote: May 15, 2020 1:01 pm Friday Happy Hour
I'll drink to that!
Woo hoo!
E's on board...now to get Penny on the train :lol:
She's already on the train, just waiting for the conductor to get me another one. ;)
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

SMLCHNG wrote: May 15, 2020 4:31 pm
tailgaitingph wrote: May 15, 2020 4:11 pm
Elrod wrote: May 15, 2020 2:46 pm
MICHIPHIN wrote: May 15, 2020 1:01 pm Friday Happy Hour
I'll drink to that!
Woo hoo!
E's on board...now to get Penny on the train :lol:
She's already on the train, just waiting for the conductor to get me another one. ;)
Ahem, E...that is directed towards YOU!
:lol:
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

springparrot wrote: May 15, 2020 4:23 pm
tailgaitingph wrote: May 15, 2020 4:16 pm Kenny finally announced he is postponing his 2020 tour :cry:
Hotels were cancelled today so I'll drink to that [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
Wondering how long it will take for others shows to follow his lead.
Wish Jimmy would go ahead and announce the pulling of the plug.
My issue is that if the show(s) are postponed vs canceled, people don't get the option of a refund. I know that $ would help a lot of people out in these times. Is what it is I guess...

tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

moog wrote: May 15, 2020 2:22 pm
MICHIPHIN wrote: May 15, 2020 9:40 am Not sure what was going on in here last night, but it seems as things were left with Moog naked wearing a mask. :roll:
And a fig tree.
I never saw a mask :lol:

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Maybe when Chesney gets back on the road he'll change the name of his tour. Chillaxification, really? I'd be embarrassed to say that word in my out loud voice.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

LIPH wrote: May 15, 2020 4:57 pm
Maybe when Chesney gets back on the road he'll change the name of his tour. Chillaxification, really? I'd be embarrassed to say that word in my out loud voice.
I wasn't a fan of the tour name either

Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

LIPH wrote: May 15, 2020 4:57 pm
He's run out of ideas. Jimmy's marketing team have used up or trademarked all the good ones :)
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
Rabbitz
Hoot!

Post by Rabbitz »

tailgaitingph wrote: May 15, 2020 4:37 pm
Wish Jimmy would go ahead and announce the pulling of the plug.
My issue is that if the show(s) are postponed vs canceled, people don't get the option of a refund. I know that $ would help a lot of people out in these times. Is what it is I guess...
Ignoring the cancellation vs postponement thing, this kind of highlights something that confuses me.

This virus is spread through close contact between people. There is no vaccine, nor is there a medicinal remedy other than sweat it out and life support. Neither of these things will be invented in the short term (we still don't have either for any Corona Virus, or even the common cold).

All of these things mean that for the foreseeable future, i.e. a year or more from now, gathering in large groups, with those groups being located in relatively confined spaces and in close contact will be out-of-bounds. This assumes that there is a will to prevent more deaths and that political expediency doesn't take precedence. It seems to me that all such gatherings should have the kybosh placed on them. Thus all these tours and rallies (<- This is the actual reason restrictions are being eased in the US) and the like should simply be cancelled until you have the infection rate under control.

Here in the Land of Oz we have, at the moment, slowed the spread and radically reduced the death rate. Only now are the various governments tentatively relaxing restrictions - slowly - slowly with the caveat that if infection rates climb the restrictions will be back.

I do wonder if the agitators for complete relaxation of the restrictions are actually willing to say that they are happy to have their mum or dad or brother or sister get ill and die, just so they can go and have beers with their mates in a titty bar or watch a footy game. Because that is the choice. The US death and infection rates are still climbing, now is not the time to get complacent...
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

Rabz, agree 100% on your thoughts!

Not sure why, other than the 'paycheck', that performers aren't canceling their shows. I know there's a lot of people behind the band including those that work as ticket takers, concession stand workers, roadies, etc that make the show happen that aren't getting paid during this time & I feel for them. My concern is that there is a lot of people who have paid for shows & if those shows are postponed, they have to kinda jump though hoops (they have 30 days to get their $ back) vs canceled where the refund is automatic

Rabbitz
Hoot!

Post by Rabbitz »

tailgaitingph wrote: May 15, 2020 6:05 pm Rabz, agree 100% on your thoughts!

Not sure why, other than the 'paycheck', that performers aren't canceling their shows. I know there's a lot of people behind the band including those that work as ticket takers, concession stand workers, roadies, etc that make the show happen that aren't getting paid during this time & I feel for them. My concern is that there is a lot of people who have paid for shows & if those shows are postponed, they have to kinda jump though hoops (they have 30 days to get their $ back) vs canceled where the refund is automatic
I think that the decision isn't necessarily about the artist's pay packet. I suspect they are thinking of those a bit lower on the food chain (as you mentioned) - there may also be contractual considerations - I imagine ticketmaster, live nation and the rest will have put enormous pressure on acts to not cancel.

It just seems nuts to me. I hate the restrictions but I can see the reasons. It feels like some folk feel above all of the palaver and their need for entertainment trumps the lives of others...
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

I cancelled my air guitar concert.
Rabbitz
Hoot!

Post by Rabbitz »

moog wrote: May 15, 2020 6:41 pm I cancelled my air guitar concert.
I just snorted coffee out of my nose.

Thanks...

:D :D :lol: :lol:
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
SeattleParrotHead
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

Rabz wrote: Ignoring the cancellation vs postponement thing, this kind of highlights something that confuses me.

This virus is spread through close contact between people. There is no vaccine, nor is there a medicinal remedy other than sweat it out and life support. Neither of these things will be invented in the short term (we still don't have either for any Corona Virus, or even the common cold).

All of these things mean that for the foreseeable future, i.e. a year or more from now, gathering in large groups, with those groups being located in relatively confined spaces and in close contact will be out-of-bounds. This assumes that there is a will to prevent more deaths and that political expediency doesn't take precedence. It seems to me that all such gatherings should have the kybosh placed on them. Thus all these tours and rallies (<- This is the actual reason restrictions are being eased in the US) and the like should simply be cancelled until you have the infection rate under control.

Here in the Land of Oz we have, at the moment, slowed the spread and radically reduced the death rate. Only now are the various governments tentatively relaxing restrictions - slowly - slowly with the caveat that if infection rates climb the restrictions will be back.

I do wonder if the agitators for complete relaxation of the restrictions are actually willing to say that they are happy to have their mum or dad or brother or sister get ill and die, just so they can go and have beers with their mates in a titty bar or watch a footy game. Because that is the choice. The US death and infection rates are still climbing, now is not the time to get complacent...
Like.jpg
Like.jpg (4.43 KiB) Viewed 765 times
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

Rabbitz wrote: May 15, 2020 6:44 pm
I just snorted coffee out of my nose.

Thanks...

:D :D :lol: :lol:
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

tailgaitingph wrote: May 15, 2020 4:38 pm
moog wrote: May 15, 2020 2:22 pm
MICHIPHIN wrote: May 15, 2020 9:40 am Not sure what was going on in here last night, but it seems as things were left with Moog naked wearing a mask. :roll:
And a fig tree.
I never saw a mask :lol:
you must now be blind
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

we just completed Friday Happy Hour with friends and neighbors.............all is good, just no hugging or things of such....but the laughter and friendship is a much needed relief.....Good deal..
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Damn!!!!!..........That was going to be my 18,800 post, and i wanted to make it special...........will have to have to wait until 21,347.....that will be a really good one.............just you wait and see........... :P
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

Elrod
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 37

Post by Elrod »

Damn! That's the one show I was counting on this year!
"Nonsense! I have not yet begun to defile myself." - Doc Holliday