Early Start FRIDAY @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Re: Early Start FRIDAY @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

LIPH wrote: April 3, 2020 2:12 pm
Yikes.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Saltx3 wrote: April 3, 2020 3:37 pm
MICHIPHIN wrote: April 3, 2020 9:17 am
springparrot wrote: April 3, 2020 9:10 am Christopher Cross has been diagnosed with the virus. 😥
Ugh.
I hate this.
I thought he died a few years ago? Who am i thinking of?
I just said the same thing to Kevin !!
Still driving me nuts.....i think there was a rumor of such a few years back and that is where i got it.
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Anybody doing Zoom meetings/gatherings? We’ve been using them for our Veterans Court Team meetings but tonight a girlfriend scheduled a Friday night zoom happy hour. Can’t wait 😊
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

MICHIPHIN wrote: April 3, 2020 3:40 pm I shouldn't talk......This same store (Publix) has these pre-packaged duck breasts that i love. Great on the BBQ. They normally charge about $10 each for them. Late last year, they had them on sale for $3 each (which was an error). My wife picked up 4 or 5 of them. I told her that she should have emptied the shelf. About 2 months ago, they did it again but it said $3 per pound. The packages are just under 1/2 of a pound. I grabbed all they had which was 9 of them, and took a photo of the sign. I went to the check out and the guy said $90 something. I showed him the photo on my phone, and he entered the code on the sign, and said $30 (or there abouts). I told him that it was $3 a pound, and these are a half a pound so it should be half of that. Manager guy came over and re-did it all for half that. I then shared that there is a $1 off coupon on each....i walked out of there with 9 of them for less than $5......LOL....
Lol, I love this story!
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

Jimmy's folk just tweeted out a link to a video for a new song "Down at the Lah De Dah".

I had a look. The clip could be better but I just some thing have to be done 'virtually' at the moment.

The song, however, I quite liked. A bit throwaway perhaps but the foot started tappin' and the head was noddin'.

Unfortunately it's gone straight into my head as an earworm. You have been warned.

Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Saltx3 wrote: April 3, 2020 3:40 pm
LIPH wrote: April 3, 2020 2:12 pm snipped to save space
Yikes.
I was going to take a ride to Barefoot Landing and see if the gator was still there. Then I thought, in the 7 1/2 years since I moved here I've seen lots of gators. Everything from little 2 footers to 10-12 footers. Why would I want to drive 20 miles to see another one? :lol:

It's nice to see the state of South Carolina has its priorities in order, Total Wine is open. When I got out of my car in the parking lot, a guy was unloading a shopping cart into the trunk of his car. He had five 12 packs of beer. I didn't buy that much but my supply has been replenished.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Rabbitz wrote: April 3, 2020 4:35 pm Jimmy's folk just tweeted out a link to a video for a new song "Down at the Lah De Dah".
He did that song with Paul Brady in Dublin last year, at the end of the show just before Brown Eyed Girl. I think they only did one verse, not the whole song, but I liked it a lot better than the other Paul Brady song, The World Is What You Make It.
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

Lah de dah. Annie Hall said that.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

MICHIPHIN wrote: April 3, 2020 3:40 pm
moog wrote: April 3, 2020 3:19 pm NJ Turnpike between exit 12 and 14 is one big smell.

Did the store ban you? Lol
I shouldn't talk......This same store (Publix) has these pre-packaged duck breasts that i love. Great on the BBQ. They normally charge about $10 each for them. Late last year, they had them on sale for $3 each (which was an error). My wife picked up 4 or 5 of them. I told her that she should have emptied the shelf. About 2 months ago, they did it again but it said $3 per pound. The packages are just under 1/2 of a pound. I grabbed all they had which was 9 of them, and took a photo of the sign. I went to the check out and the guy said $90 something. I showed him the photo on my phone, and he entered the code on the sign, and said $30 (or there abouts). I told him that it was $3 a pound, and these are a half a pound so it should be half of that. Manager guy came over and re-did it all for half that. I then shared that there is a $1 off coupon on each....i walked out of there with 9 of them for less than $5......LOL....
In the early 80s, heading home to MA after a family wedding weekend in NJ, we hit up a Shop Rite and bought 48 boxes of pork roll, emptied the shelf. :o That's taylor ham for all the weirdos.

Back then it was not available up here. We tried giving our son canadian bacon on his breakfast sandwich instead, he was about 6 y.o. He took one bite, lifted the top of the roll and asked what the heck it was.
Last edited by lime rickie on April 3, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

LIPH wrote: April 3, 2020 4:46 pm I was going to take a ride to Barefoot Landing and see if the gator was still there. Then I thought, in the 7 1/2 years since I moved here I've seen lots of gators. Everything from little 2 footers to 10-12 footers. Why would I want to drive 20 miles to see another one? :lol:

It's nice to see the state of South Carolina has its priorities in order, Total Wine is open. When I got out of my car in the parking lot, a guy was unloading a shopping cart into the trunk of his car. He had five 12 packs of beer. I didn't buy that much but my supply has been replenished.
Just curious, were you able to go in & shop or did you have to call in your order?

tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: April 3, 2020 5:04 pm
In the early 80s, heading home to MA after a family wedding weekend in NJ, we hit up a Shop Rite and bought 48 boxes of pork roll, emptied the shelf. :o That's taylor ham for all the weirdos.

Back then it was not available up here. We tried giving our son canadian bacon on his breakfast sandwich instead, he was about 6 y.o. He took one bite, lifted the top of the roll and asked what the heck it was.
My only experience with Canadian bacon is on McDonald's egg mcmuffin but I like it. Might not be the same as the real thing... :lol:

tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

I like new song

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

tailgaitingph wrote: April 3, 2020 5:04 pm
LIPH wrote: April 3, 2020 4:46 pm I was going to take a ride to Barefoot Landing and see if the gator was still there. Then I thought, in the 7 1/2 years since I moved here I've seen lots of gators. Everything from little 2 footers to 10-12 footers. Why would I want to drive 20 miles to see another one? :lol:

Just curious, were you able to go in & shop or did you have to call in your order?
The store's open, I went in and browsed the aisles to see what I wanted.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: April 3, 2020 5:07 pm

My only experience with Canadian bacon is on McDonald's egg mcmuffin but I like it. Might not be the same as the real thing... :lol:
No one cares about Canadian bacon. :P Have you had pork roll?

moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

tailgaitingph wrote: April 3, 2020 5:08 pm I like new song

I started to sing it and my wife said shut up.
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: April 3, 2020 5:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't had a pork roll that I know of

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

My brother-in-law is Canadian. I remember a few years ago he said in Canada they call Canadian bacon ham.
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

moog wrote: April 3, 2020 5:10 pm

But she tell you that all the time so... :o :lol:

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: April 3, 2020 5:11 pm
moog wrote: April 3, 2020 5:10 pm
But she tell you that all the time so... :o :lol:
:lol:

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: April 3, 2020 5:10 pm
lime rickie wrote: April 3, 2020 5:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't had a pork roll that I know of
I'll just leave that one alone. :P