March into MONDAY@ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: March into MONDAY@ the MSC

Post by LIPH »

The Pelicans announced their promotion schedule today and they have some new ones. Mondays are Mega Mason Jar days, mixed drinks in 64 oz. mason jars for $20. On Wet Nose Wednesday, dogs get in free when their human buys a bleacher ticket. There will be a tap takeover with a different craft brewer at every Saturday game. I don't have any Saturday games in my partial season ticket plan but I may have to buy a couple of single game tickets at the box office.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Saltx3 wrote: March 2, 2020 3:14 pm
springparrot wrote: March 2, 2020 2:44 pm Afternoon BNers
Anyone want to help clean out the pantry?? Need to get it organized again and probably toss outdated cans. No reason to keep buying stuff we have and not have what we need.
I love to this type of thing (just helped a girlfriend empty her master bedroom walk in closet, purge, re-organize and take 5 50-gallon bags to a clothing bank). I am seriously thinking about doing this as my "retirement" job.
8) 8) 8) I love to organize my pantry, it's just finding the time to do it! And several years ago I helped a friend organize her closet too!! Loved it!
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

melon59 wrote: March 2, 2020 5:00 pm
springparrot wrote: March 2, 2020 4:05 pm

Anyone want to help clean out the pantry?? Need to get it organized again and probably toss outdated cans. No reason to keep buying stuff we have and not have what we need.
I love to this type of thing (just helped a girlfriend empty her master bedroom walk in closet, purge, re-organize and take 5 50-gallon bags to a clothing bank). I am seriously thinking about doing this as my "retirement" job.
Got the pantry done. Threw some away, reorganized the rest and made inventory. Any one need powdered sugar? Seems like every time I make a recipe, I buy a new bag. So I have too many partial bags. 🙃

And yes. You can come when we start the freezer.
I wonder if you can freeze the excess powdered sugar?
Not sure but have it closed tightly and hoping for the best. Need to google to see if you can replace powered sugar with regular sugar in recipes.

On the broken bones....only my ankle...both bones. Had surgery. Wasn't fun.
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

SMLCHNG wrote: March 2, 2020 8:26 pm
8) 8) 8) I love to organize my pantry, it's just finding the time to do it! And several years ago I helped a friend organize her closet too!! Loved it!
Both of you can come. We will have a closet and kitchen party!!!
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

springparrot wrote: March 2, 2020 8:29 pm Both of you can come. We will have a closet and kitchen party!!!
YAY!!!!!!! :D
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

springparrot wrote: March 2, 2020 8:28 pm On the broken bones....only my ankle...both bones. Had surgery. Wasn't fun.
Only broken bone for me? My wrist, when I was in the 4th grade. :)
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

When I was in my 30's, I jammed the pinkie finger on my right hand playing basketball but thought it was just a bad sprain and never went to the doctor. Every time I bumped it, it hurt like heck but then would be OK again. About 4 months later, playing in a softball league, I took a line drive off my left pinkie (my non-glove hand) and by the way it was bent back it was immediately obvious that it was broken. I went to the ER and when they X-rayed my left hand, they did my right hand too. When I went into work the next day with both pinkies splinted, I had some explaining to do..... :roll:
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Got the pantry done. Threw some away, reorganized the rest and made inventory. Any one need powdered sugar? Seems like every time I make a recipe, I buy a new bag. So I have too many partial bags. 🙃

Grab a container with a screw on lid from the dollar tree and dump all your opened bags of 10x sugar in there 😀
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

SMLCHNG wrote: March 2, 2020 8:32 pm
springparrot wrote: March 2, 2020 8:29 pm Both of you can come. We will have a closet and kitchen party!!!
YAY!!!!!!! :D
Now there’s a plan !
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

big john wrote: March 2, 2020 4:50 pm
big john wrote: March 2, 2020 2:42 pm Good afternoon. Since we are on the subject of broken limbs and such. I played football in junior high and high school for
four years. I got a dislocated hip as a sophomore and a concussion as a senior. No broken bones though. I played rugby from the
time I was 29 until I was 38 for two seasons a year. No real serious injuries during that time. I've been in my share of fights.
No broken bones. I slipped on a hill while mowing the lawn several years back and heard a "snap". My ankle hasn't been the
same since. But at least I can walk. :pirate:
I remember that time at a JB concert you almost got into it with an A$*Hat on the lawn :)
And I'm such an easy going, friendly sort of guy. :pirate:
👍🏻
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

Saltx3 wrote: March 2, 2020 10:24 pm

Grab a container with a screw on lid from the dollar tree and dump all your opened bags of 10x sugar in there 😀
It is in Tupperware now