Seat yourself THURSDAY@ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Seat yourself THURSDAY@ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning BN. We sit in the same seats for breakfast at our diner. At our favorite dive bar, we have a preference. Do you have favorite seating?
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Re: Seat yourself THURSDAY@ the MSC

Post by Dr.Corona »

Good Morning Bill.....BN lurkers! Quick fly by before getting back to work.
If the food is good ANY seat will do for me in a diner or restaurant :lol:
But have never been that way whether it's been hanging at a particular tavern or restaurant.
Only place I used to regularly get the same seat was at the local minor league hockey rink....back when the price disparity was only $1 per section.
The Old Grandad Club in section 6. I was Row C, seat 1. He Shoots..He Scores :wink:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

Good morning Bill! At our local Mexican restaurant, we have a favorite server, but not favorite seats necessarily. He is the bartender, so we always sit in or at the bar.
I have Chicken Tortilla Soup going in the crock pot for dinner tonight and today I have brushing the 2 big dogs on my list.
Have a great day!
You're Killing Me Smalls
txaggirl91
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by txaggirl91 »

Fly by spankings for all....

[smilie=spank.gif] [smilie=spank.gif] [smilie=spank.gif] [smilie=spank.gif] [smilie=spank.gif]
I must be wishing on someone else's star....
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Good morning. The only place I had a favorite seat was in the break room at work.
I had a LOT of seniority so it was very rarely questioned. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Good morning, BN gang. Happy Thursday! :D :D :D

Debbie
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning.

At sporting events I like to have an aisle seat. I've had a partial season ticket plan for the Pelicans since 2016 and my seat has been sec. 210, row D, seat 1 every year except the first year. That time half my games were row E, seat 1 because somebody else had row D for those games. The only time I had a favorite seat at a restaurant was when I still lived on Long Island. Christina was my favorite Hooters girl at the East Meadow Hooters (which closed about a month before I moved south :( ) and she was the bartender so I always sat at the bar. I was very disappointed when she left. She finished grad school, she had an MBA, and got a job with Ernst & Young in NYC.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Morning BNers

About 50 miles from Orlando!
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I just got an email about a presale for a concert at the North Charleston Performing Arts Center. Yes is playing there in March. Yes? I thought they were history years ago.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

Just a quick mention. My granddaughter turns 14 today. Good God, where did the time go? Four years ago today we had the all-time record
one-day snowfall. It was over 26 inches. I looked outside and my granddaughter was stuck in the snow just outside our front door. She had
walked down to pick up one of her presents. I stood on the front porch, grabbed her by the arms, and pulled her inside. Then I called her
mom and gave her hell for letting her walk down, even though it was only 4 houses away. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

no favorite seats for us -- we seldom go out to eat or frequent the same places for anything -- other than our sofa for tv watching :)

for church Kevin always grabs an isle seat so he can put his "bum" leg out in the aisle.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

Dr.Corona wrote: January 23, 2020 11:04 am Only place I used to regularly get the same seat was at the local minor league hockey rink....back when the price disparity was only $1 per section.
The Old Grandad Club in section 6. I was Row C, seat 1. He Shoots..He Scores :wink:
Which league/team? I've worked for Wheeling's minor-league hockey team for 21 years now.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Hi there! I painted sunset sea scapes, then joined my nephew and his wife to watch their twin boys at a swim meet. Both twins did very well.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good evening. E and I always try to get an end seat of a row, so WE can get in/out easier. If that means we have to stand up for others going by, that's okay.

Busy day for both of us at work.

We both have coughs that just won't quit, but otherwise feel okay.

SO glad tomorrow is Friday. My sister wanted to go to the Monet art exhibit at the Denver Art Museum, but her hubby wasn't really interested. I wanted to go again, so she's treating me for my early birthday present, and we're going on Saturday. It's been probably 30 years since we did something together. :)
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

Hi All,

A long weekend beckons, and we have exactly zero plans. Yay!!!!!

What a week; heatwaves, hail, 3 inches of rain in 45 minutes, smoke, dust storms, storms. dry lightning and that's just our little suburb.

Someone stop the ride, I want to get off. :D :P :lol:
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

WVParrothead wrote: January 23, 2020 8:07 pm
Dr.Corona wrote: January 23, 2020 11:04 am Only place I used to regularly get the same seat was at the local minor league hockey rink....back when the price disparity was only $1 per section.
Which league/team? I've worked for Wheeling's minor-league hockey team for 21 years now.
Flint Generals & Flint Spirits of the IHL.....then the Flint Bulldogs of the Colonial Hockey League....then once again the Flint Generals of the United Hockey League.
Once the demise of the IHL took place, or shall I say once the shuffling of minor league hockey took place & the IHL set up shop in major cities such as Houston, Milwaukee, Chicago, Phoenix, Orlando....here in Flint we were hoping to be able to get into your league, the ECHL. Unfortunately, our local economy couldn't really sustain a stable franchise.
Now we've got a Major Junior team, the Flint Firebirds of the Ontario Hockey League.

Is your career with the Nailers or are you an off ice official of some sort?
I did about a 5 year stint as an off ice official....goal judge/penalty box attendant/clock operator.
WVParrothead

Post by WVParrothead »

Dr.Corona wrote: January 24, 2020 9:10 am
Flint Generals & Flint Spirits of the IHL.....then the Flint Bulldogs of the Colonial Hockey League....then once again the Flint Generals of the United Hockey League.
Once the demise of the IHL took place, or shall I say once the shuffling of minor league hockey took place & the IHL set up shop in major cities such as Houston, Milwaukee, Chicago, Phoenix, Orlando....here in Flint we were hoping to be able to get into your league, the ECHL. Unfortunately, our local economy couldn't really sustain a stable franchise.
Now we've got a Major Junior team, the Flint Firebirds of the Ontario Hockey League.

I did about a 5 year stint as an off ice official....goal judge/penalty box attendant/clock operator.
I am an off-ice official. First two years I did pretty much everything.. goal judge, penalty box attendant, official scorers/plus-minus upstairs. Then I became the game timekeeper and scoreboard operator and that's what I've been doing the past 19 years. Absolutely love it. It's volunteer so I've never been paid a dime but I've gotten to become friends with so many players and officials who have made it to the NHL.

Definitely familiar with the OHL. Seen a couple Otters games up in Erie. Have a few friends who officiate on-ice in that league as well.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

WVParrothead wrote: January 24, 2020 10:23 am

I am an off-ice official. First two years I did pretty much everything.. goal judge, penalty box attendant, official scorers/plus-minus upstairs. Then I became the game timekeeper and scoreboard operator and that's what I've been doing the past 19 years. Absolutely love it. It's volunteer so I've never been paid a dime but I've gotten to become friends with so many players and officials who have made it to the NHL.

Definitely familiar with the OHL. Seen a couple Otters games up in Erie. Have a few friends who officiate on-ice in that league as well.
Cool stuff. Yeah, definitely not a job to be done for the pay. :lol: We were given 1 free ticket & a parking pass. Love of the game definitely the motivator. Minor league hockey verrry underrated IMO.
WVParrothead

Post by WVParrothead »

Dr.Corona wrote: January 24, 2020 10:58 am
WVParrothead wrote: January 24, 2020 10:23 am

Cool stuff. Yeah, definitely not a job to be done for the pay. :lol: We were given 1 free ticket & a parking pass. Love of the game definitely the motivator. Minor league hockey verrry underrated IMO.
Same here. One season ticket, one parking pass and a pregame meal in the Media Room. lol
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

I've only ever been to one NHL game (unsurprising I suppose). It was Florida Panthers(? I think) at a rink not far from Ft Lauderdale. My employer at the time had a corporate box.

The weirdest part was when the players stopped playing every so often and just milled around. I couldn't work it out. In the end I asked and was gobsmacked to hear that the game halts for TV commercials.

At that point I decided to concentrate on the free food and booze. 8) :lol:
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman