Vintage JB Posters and Shirts on Ebay?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Vintage JB Posters and Shirts on Ebay?

Post by FinsUp6835 »

So this seller keeps posting really "rare" posters and t shirts on Ebay. I always keep an eye on posters and such for my Mville garage.

However, these posters just don't seem legit to me. Is there anyway to verify them? It seems like the tours don't match up based on the database. Here are the links below. To me, they kind of look like he took old photos and screen printed them on? (I would never spend this much money anyway but just curious if these are legit) Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated. FINS UP PHRIENDS!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JIMMY-BUFFETT- ... SwQmhbeyTb

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JIMMY-BUFFETT- ... 0752.m1982

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JIMMY-BUFFETT- ... 0009.m1982
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

SharkysMV1
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonics

Re: Vintage JB Posters and Shirts on Ebay?

Post by SharkysMV1 »

I have been seeing these too. I’m thinking some former concert promoter is trying to unload a lot of old memorabilia at a high price to see what they can make off of it. Some of it does look fake while some items do look “the age”.

I did see an Anguilla shirt for sale that looked dubious, at best. (Pictures did not match what was being sold).

Moral of the story - I’m not taking the bait on any of it.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty

FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

I do believe the seller is legitimate. Many of the items have been posted in the BuffettNews Facebook group. He is a memorabilia collector/vendor and I believe much of his Buffett collection was obtained from former original Reefer guitarist Roger Bartlett who he is friends with. He has some really awesome stuff but he definitely goes for top dollar on every bit of it. There are many reasons why I don't care for these listings, but I don't personally doubt their authenticity.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

FunkHouse9 wrote:
September 17, 2018 11:40 am
I do believe the seller is legitimate. Many of the items have been posted in the BuffettNews Facebook group. He is a memorabilia collector/vendor and I believe much of his Buffett collection was obtained from former original Reefer guitarist Roger Bartlett who he is friends with. He has some really awesome stuff but he definitely goes for top dollar on every bit of it. There are many reasons why I don't care for these listings, but I don't personally doubt their authenticity.
Interesting. Thank you.

I like the one Son of a Son poster but it is WAY too expensive.
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

SharkysMV1
I need two more boat drinks
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonics

Post by SharkysMV1 »

FunkHouse9 wrote:
September 17, 2018 11:40 am
Thanks for this - makes sense. I’m wondering if he broke some of the bundled items into separate items he could have some success.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty