JB and signing autographs

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

jtsmith1111
Favorite Buffett Song: Coconut Telegraph
Number of Concerts: 1

JB and signing autographs

Post by jtsmith1111 »

Hey Everyone!!

I am attending the Fenway Park show next week, and just happened to score a front row seat. Does Jimmy usually sign a few autographs from the stage after the show? I was planning on bringing my "Down to Earth" album to try and get it signed. Also, which side of the stage does he usually enter and exit from?

Thanks for any help!

-Jefferson
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: JB and signing autographs

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

jtsmith1111 wrote: August 3, 2018 2:21 pm Hey Everyone!!

I am attending the Fenway Park show next week, and just happened to score a front row seat. Does Jimmy usually sign a few autographs from the stage after the show? I was planning on bringing my "Down to Earth" album to try and get it signed. Also, which side of the stage does he usually enter and exit from?

Thanks for any help!

-Jefferson
Hi there. He generally doesn’t sign autographs from the stage. Plus, Fenway’s stage is way high, so even less chance. JB usually comes in from the audience’s right (stage left).
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

Jimmy has signed a few items for me from front row seats in years past (a book, an 8-track tape, a passport, a CILCIA album) but those were all at a venue (Merriweather Post Pavilion) where the front row was literally only 3 feet from the stage. I had a sharpie ready and caught his attention quietly during the show. The best opportunity was always before intermission (when he used to have an intermission).

Do NOT hold up an album and wave it. I tried that once and Charleston told me it was distracting to Jimmy. Fortunately Charleston took it backstage for me and Jimmy signed it.

As someone else mentioned, front row seats these days are sometimes too far from the stage. You might have better luck if you talk with Charleston and politely ask if it is possible to have your album signed. Don't bother him when he is in "work mode", but perhaps before the show gets started.

Good luck.
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
jtsmith1111
Favorite Buffett Song: Coconut Telegraph
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by jtsmith1111 »

surfpirate wrote: August 3, 2018 3:51 pm Jimmy has signed a few items for me from front row seats in years past (a book, an 8-track tape, a passport, a CILCIA album) but those were all at a venue (Merriweather Post Pavilion) where the front row was literally only 3 feet from the stage. I had a sharpie ready and caught his attention quietly during the show. The best opportunity was always before intermission (when he used to have an intermission).

Do NOT hold up an album and wave it. I tried that once and Charleston told me it was distracting to Jimmy. Fortunately Charleston took it backstage for me and Jimmy signed it.

As someone else mentioned, front row seats these days are sometimes too far from the stage. You might have better luck if you talk with Charleston and politely ask if it is possible to have your album signed. Don't bother him when he is in "work mode", but perhaps before the show gets started.

Good luck.
Thanks for the replies!! Who is Charleston and how do I get a hold of him? lol thanks in advance!!
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I came close twice , the 1st was at Margaritaville in Orlando when a bunch of us were having Lunch. There were rumors of Buffett showing for something ( Private Event). Well I left to go play golf , while others were there. Jimmy Showed ( missed him by 5-10 minutes), He signed and took pictures. The other was at GW front row. Charleston had my shirt in his hand , and spread it out on the stage , Jimmy kept walking over it. Never signed it. May of had a footprint...LOL!!!
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

jtsmith1111 wrote: August 8, 2018 8:26 am Thanks for the replies!! Who is Charleston and how do I get a hold of him? lol thanks in advance!!
Jimmy has two primary security guys/bodyguards, Snake and Charleston. Both African American guys. Snake is a very tough looking guy (Jiu Jitsu instructor). Charleston is just a massive dude. In Bristow a couple nights ago he was seemingly never not in "work mode" every time I saw him. Not to dissuade you from trying since there is absolutely no harm and he is truly a nice guy. But if he's anything there like he was Saturday night, I'm not too optimistic for you via that route.

Here's a pic of Charleston.
Attachments
Charleston
Charleston
Charleston.jpg (233.61 KiB) Viewed 4582 times
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
bonefish
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: There's a cowboy in the jungle
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum punch in the islands

Post by bonefish »

I used to live right down the street from Wrigley Field. Jimmy used to sometimes sing the 7th inning stretch when he was in town for a Chicago show. Twice, I've caught him coming from the press box with his entourage and was able to get my Cubs ticket stub in front of him and he signed it. Cool piece of memorbilia that I have framed in my office.
Roll with the punches
Play all of his hunches
Make the best of whatever came his way
What he lacked in ambition
He made up with intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
[img][imgsize=][imgsize=][/imgsize]