Love & Luck

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

KaseywithaK
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice, Barometer Soup
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: OBP beer & Landshark

Love & Luck

Post by KaseywithaK »

When was the last time he has played this song at a show, if anyone knows? I have been to 12 shows... really young for a lot of them, so I can't recall set lists. I wish he'd play it more, honestly. I don't recall him playing it at all in recent years to the shows I have been to.
Kasey w/ a "K""
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Love & Luck

Post by lime rickie »

You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

KaseywithaK
I have found me a home

Post by KaseywithaK »

lime rickie wrote:2000 in Irvine, CA.

http://www.buffettnews.com/resources/songs/?song=218
hot dang.
i was just a freshman in high school that year, so yeah, sadly don't remember him playing it when he played it in 1999 in atlanta... i was at that show. wish he'd play it now. that song has been putting me in a good mood for years.
Kasey w/ a "K""
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I just checked that list and I've only seen him play it once, 4/15/2000 in Las Vegas. That was the first time I traveled out of NY for a Buffett show and it was my birthday.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
KaseywithaK
I have found me a home

Post by KaseywithaK »

LIPH wrote:I just checked that list and I've only seen him play it once, 4/15/2000 in Las Vegas. That was the first time I traveled out of NY for a Buffett show and it was my birthday.
lucky larry.

i have probably been making it the first song i listen to while at work every morning for the past 2 1/2 years. hoping his people read the comments on the margaritaville.com tour pages because i just went to drastic, pathetic measures of begging for him to add it to the set list on there.
Kasey w/ a "K""
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

KaseywithaK wrote:
LIPH wrote:I just checked that list and I've only seen him play it once, 4/15/2000 in Las Vegas. That was the first time I traveled out of NY for a Buffett show and it was my birthday.
lucky larry.

i have probably been making it the first song i listen to while at work every morning for the past 2 1/2 years. hoping his people read the comments on the margaritaville.com tour pages because i just went to drastic, pathetic measures of begging for him to add it to the set list on there.
I love that song, too!
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

sistergoldenhair wrote:
KaseywithaK wrote:
lucky larry.

I love that song, too!

Me too. Great song.

Debbie
LonePalmDawg
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Fins, Lone Palm, The Weather is here...
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Capt. Morgan Silver with Mtn. Dew

Post by LonePalmDawg »

Agreed, great song.
sonofabeach
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by sonofabeach »

Awesome tune...one of my faves. I'm not sure how it was left off of Hot Water.
I've never heard it in person either.

Interesting factoid from Jimmy’s notes in the box set:
“Zouk” is a popular form of music from the French Antilles, the kind that makes you dance without
knowing what the singer is saying. Since the songs are in patois French, this helps.
I once received a request for permission to write new lyrics to the melody of Margaritaville by a very
famous European singer and thought it was great and was interested to hear their interpretation.
Well this is the melody to a song called “kole Sere,” written by my friend Joecely Beroard,
the lead singer for a great Zouk band named Kaasav. The lyrics are mine and I hope that they like the
way I interpret their music. This was the first song ever recorded at Shrimp Boat Sound in Key West and
Steve Winwood is the guest organist. I thank him for taking time out from his fishing trip.
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"
sistergoldenhair
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: salty piece of land
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita on rocks lots of salt

Post by sistergoldenhair »

sonofabeach wrote:Awesome tune...one of my faves. I'm not sure how it was left off of Hot Water.

“Zouk” is a popular form of music from the French Antilles, the kind that makes you dance without
knowing what the singer is saying. Since the songs are in patois French, this helps.
I once received a request for permission to write new lyrics to the melody of Margaritaville by a very
famous European singer and thought it was great and was interested to hear their interpretation.
Well this is the melody to a song called “kole Sere,” written by my friend Joecely Beroard,
the lead singer for a great Zouk band named Kaasav. The lyrics are mine and I hope that they like the
way I interpret their music. This was the first song ever recorded at Shrimp Boat Sound in Key West and
Steve Winwood is the guest organist. I thank him for taking time out from his fishing trip.
That was a wonderful way to start my morning, as I sit here waiting for my coffee, watching the "wintry mix" coat my deck! Thanks!
I'm just tryin to get by, being quiet and shy, in a world full of pushin and shove
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

[smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]

Thanks, Michael!
sonofabeach wrote:Awesome tune...one of my faves. I'm not sure how it was left off of Hot Water.

You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

FINSUPinIdaho
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: APLA40
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Why, you buying???

Post by FINSUPinIdaho »

I remember that show! Believe that was the first time I met you Larry. One of the rare Spring Vegas shows.