Did You Go To Paris? How Was It For You?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

derek1154
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Le Chanson Pour Les Petit Enfant
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Sherry

Did You Go To Paris? How Was It For You?

Post by derek1154 »

This was the 3rd time of being able to see Jimmy and it was Magic..Living in Spain (Though I am English) the venues are very accessible for me. For me and many other Europeans I spoke to it is the only way we can get to see him..There were Germans, Swedish, Dutch, French, English, Scottish, there whom I met and we all had a great time.
Two English fans in Spain
conched
Last Man Standing

Re: Did You Go To Paris? How Was It For You?

Post by conched »

Hi, Derek. I suppose you are the one who took the photos on the NEWS page. They are wonderful. We can even see the hairs in Jimmy's nose. :lol: :lol:

I was there and everything was great. The folks at La Cigale did a good job with getting the tickets distributed at 4:00 p.m. and explaining that DEBOUT meant standing anywhere, so get right back in line if you want to get in early. :)

The lines were a little long to get drinks, but it was fun talking with folks in the lines. Price of beer $4 Euros was about what we pay in U. S. I stood in line with a guy who was a teacher in Germany and hadn't been to a show for about seven years since he had moved from the U. S.

They were nice about letting cameras in and even allowed some press photography, which was really special.

The sound was really, really good...even just standing a few feet back from the right side of the stage. There weren't any problems with the crowd moving around and that was good. I even saw some folks wander up on the left side of the stage to the backstage area. THAT I could not even imagine, but it seemed to be fine and not cause a problem.

Jimmy made good song selections and having Ilo there as a guest was fun for me as I had not seen him yet. Ilo's Fisherman song was fun and I had not heard it since it was only done at Bonnaroo festival. Jimmy did a good job of playing solo and with Mac and featuring everyone in the band. I was nice how he introduced them at the beginning for those who don't always keep up with the band.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=79132&start=0
Join us on the setlist thread for comments during each show.
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

I went because I like Jimmy's smile and red wine and beef bourguignon. :) I knew I'd get to be pretty close to the stage to see the show, even if I sat in the balcony, which I didn't. I made it standing the whole time from 3 until the show was over. I was wondering. Did they allow people to move from the balcony down to the floor or were they checking tickets? I was told I could go up and sit down if I wanted to eventhough the tickets were more expensive UP!
derek1154
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by derek1154 »

Hi

Derek is actually my husband ..My name is Kath but i always use my Husbands name as my user name..Sorry to confuse everyone.

Paris was well organised. We went to see Jake on the Thursday at the New Morning Club and our tickets for Jimmy had been linked and were waiting for us there so we did not have to queue for them on the Saturday..

People on the whole were good natured and respected the line queue . We only had one problem before the start of the show where some people tried to barge their way to the front but that was nipped in the bud.

I have loads of photo's that I have not downloaded plus 5 good videos that i am in the process of putting on You Tube.I also have pictures of Jakes show..

The whole time was great and meeting different Parrotheads from all over the world was special. I feel so grateful that we can get that close and meet him after. He said to me how much he enjoyed doing Paris and London and he actually remembered my husband from the London show.

Special times never to be forgotten

Kath & Derek
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Hi, Kath. Glad you are posting on BN. Where did you meet Jimmy after?
derek1154
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by derek1154 »

Hi

There was a door on the side street and he was with John coming out and he spoke to a few of us there.. He was really nice and appreciative of everything.

Cheers Kath
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

derek1154 wrote:Hi

There was a door on the side street and he was with John coming out and he spoke to a few of us there.. He was really nice and appreciative of everything.

Cheers Kath
Good deal!! That had to be special. :) I'm ready for a London and Paris show again.
derek1154
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by derek1154 »

Yes he told me they would be happening again next year :D

But one of his crew said he may try and link the 2 shows in 1 trip .

We'll have to wait and see.
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Hi Kath! Hope to see you posting more on BN. Seeing JB in Paris was AMAZING!

Debbie
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Thanks for sharing your great photos!

Debbie
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

dnw wrote:Thanks for sharing your great photos!
Thanks for the postcard from you guys!! I bet it's going to take a while for the high to wear off huh?
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

ScarletB wrote:
dnw wrote:Thanks for sharing your great photos!
Thanks for the postcard from you guys!! I bet it's going to take a while for the high to wear off huh?

[smilie=nod.gif] [smilie=nod.gif] [smilie=nod.gif] [smilie=nod.gif] [smilie=nod.gif]

Debbie
Westway001
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: When The Coast Is Clear
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM!

Post by Westway001 »

I thought Jake and the Reefers were amazing!

:D :D :D
derek1154
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by derek1154 »

Yes they were... In fact the whole experience was amazing...... :D It was such a priviledge to be there and thanks to you for telling s about it.. I do have good photo's of the night if anyone is interested..

Cheers

Kath & Derek
Westway001
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: When The Coast Is Clear
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: RUM!

Post by Westway001 »

Very interested Kath (and Derek) - please upload!

Hope you had a good birthday celeb night tonight.

Dave
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Some of you may remember the Paris couple who were up near the beginning of the line at La Cigale. He had a press pass and took some great photos and they are posted on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/salva17/se ... 368804769/

Is this a great smile or what??

It was too cute when the girls were "fixing" Jimmy's hair:

Jimmy taking time to give more to the crowd:

One of Dutch Harbor PH and wifey poo!

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

What a great crowd!

Karacal
Party at the End of the World
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Diet Coke

Post by Karacal »

((((((Kath))))))

Your pictures are wonderful!! It was so nice meeting you and Derek and enjoying the concert with you. Thanks again for the grass skirt!! :D :D It is good to see you posting on BN!

Everything about Paris was amazing. Seeing the sights of Paris...something I never thought I would get to experience. Walking to the New Morning and seeing the neighborhoods and everyday Parisian life...very special.

Jake's show at the New Morning was incredible. I never get tired of watching him play. He is amazing and so very nice to his fans. The Coral Reefers were awesome as usual and getting to see Ilo for the first time was great!

Spending time Friday evening with Roxane and Andy, Margaret and John, & David and Sally was so much fun!! :D I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

JB concert day started out very early for us to get in line. We got to see a very interesting part of Paris that morning... :oops: Thanks to Bob for sitting with us and bringing the chairs!! It was great meeting people from all over while waiting in line. La Cigale is a wonderful small venue and the concert was just simply amazing! Great setlist! Being so close to JB.... :D Congrats to Dutch and Wifey Poo for getting the flipflop!!! Congrats to Debbie (dnw) for getting her JB pic signed!!

Best of all was spending time in Paris with a wonderful group of Parrotheads!!!
Barbara

Image Image
Karacal
Party at the End of the World
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Diet Coke

Post by Karacal »

Nancy, thanks for posting these pics and the link. They are wonderful. You can see Debbie's picture she got signed in this photo:

Barbara

Image Image
no shoes
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom gowns
Number of Concerts: 44
Favorite Boat Drink: Earl Grey :-)

Post by no shoes »

Kath (and Derek) its great to see you on here and to spend time with you both in Paris..... wonder if Jimmy got to go surfing :D

It was all such a special weekend and one I am sure we will all treasure. There is a link to our photos on the Paris set list thread, I seem to remember you are on some of them!

In a way I hope they dont link the London and Paris shows...... I know that sounds selfish for all those making the long trip across the pond - but - it would be nice if we can have two weekends together each year and not just one :lol:

Looking forward to seeing you all again xx