Did You Go To Paris? How Was It For You?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Did You Go To Paris? How Was It For You?

Post by dnw »

Karacal wrote:Nancy, thanks for posting these pics and the link. They are wonderful. You can see Debbie's picture she got signed in this photo:

That was taken right before I got crushed into the stage. :evil:

Debbie

no shoes
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom gowns
Number of Concerts: 44
Favorite Boat Drink: Earl Grey :-)

Post by no shoes »

dnw wrote:
Karacal wrote:Nancy, thanks for posting these pics and the link. They are wonderful. You can see Debbie's picture she got signed in this photo:

That was taken right before I got crushed into the stage. :evil:
Debbie

Despite the fact that we are right there - its hard to see you at all! Hope you are OK now?

take care
x

Captain Tony
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: A pirate looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by Captain Tony »

I thought the concert was great, great venue too, very similar to London's Shepherds Bush. But thats where the fun stopped!!
Saturday at noon i set off from Saint Avold (my brothers home) which is by the German boarder, I'm riding to Paris on my Nephews motorbike, a journey of about 250 miles, this is where it starts to go wrong!!
I rode about 70 miles and realised i had forgot my email which i needed to pick up my ticket and also my hotel reservation, so i backtracked 25 miles to meet my brother on the Autoroute with the documents i forgot, ok back on the road to Paris...I arrived at about 5pm at La Cigale, then went to find my hotel....but...big but.. Somewhere i had lost some money and now did'nt have enough for the hotel!! So i decided to ride back to Saint Avold after the concert as i had nowhere to sleep, it's about a 5 hour ride!
Well i ended up trying to sleep by the bike in a rest area on the Autoroute about 30 miles out of Paris. Didnt get much sleep, maybe an hour or so!! It was quite cold in the countryside at 1am! Anyway 6.30am eventually came and i set off but soon left the Autoroute to enjoy the fantastic empty french roads, they were all mine and i loved the ride back, that soon woke me up :)) Got back to my brothers at noon just in time for a great BBQ....
Even with all this it was a great weekend and cant wait to do it all over again...))
Things i do to see Jimmy Buffett!! :-)
"We got Parrotheads in England,i can see ya,yeah". (Jimmy Buffett. West Palm Beach 02/24/2001)

AMWEST
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 14

Post by AMWEST »

Hi Del,
I wish you had said something! You could have stayed in my room or I had enough dosh and my credit cards to pay for your room.
Alan

Captain Tony

Post by Captain Tony »

AMWEST wrote:Hi Del,
I wish you had said something! You could have stayed in my room or I had enough dosh and my credit cards to pay for your room.
Alan
I didnt want to ask, i even left my card back in london, but then i didnt think i would need it...but hey, all's well that ends well......And i love an adventure!! I should put some of my adventures into words and mail them to jimmy.. :D

Oh yeah, and the irony of it all....they charged my card for the night i lay on the cold concrete with lorries thundering by!!! Given another week or two and i may find it funny...lol
"We got Parrotheads in England,i can see ya,yeah". (Jimmy Buffett. West Palm Beach 02/24/2001)

no shoes
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: West Nashville Grand Ballroom gowns
Number of Concerts: 44
Favorite Boat Drink: Earl Grey :-)

Post by no shoes »

Captain Tony wrote:I thought the concert was great, great venue too, very similar to London's Shepherds Bush. But thats where the fun stopped!!
Saturday at noon i set off from Saint Avold (my brothers home) which is by the German boarder, I'm riding to Paris on my Nephews motorbike, a journey of about 250 miles, this is where it starts to go wrong!!
I rode about 70 miles and realised i had forgot my email which i needed to pick up my ticket and also my hotel reservation, so i backtracked 25 miles to meet my brother on the Autoroute with the documents i forgot, ok back on the road to Paris...I arrived at about 5pm at La Cigale, then went to find my hotel....but...big but.. Somewhere i had lost some money and now did'nt have enough for the hotel!! So i decided to ride back to Saint Avold after the concert as i had nowhere to sleep, it's about a 5 hour ride!
Well i ended up trying to sleep by the bike in a rest area on the Autoroute about 30 miles out of Paris. Didnt get much sleep, maybe an hour or so!! It was quite cold in the countryside at 1am! Anyway 6.30am eventually came and i set off but soon left the Autoroute to enjoy the fantastic empty french roads, they were all mine and i loved the ride back, that soon woke me up :)) Got back to my brothers at noon just in time for a great BBQ....
Even with all this it was a great weekend and cant wait to do it all over again...))
I echo Alans words - why didnt you say something?? Dont ever do that again!! :-? you know anyone of us would have been there for you..............

Glad it all seems like an adventure now - isn't hindsight wonderful :D

derek1154
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Le Chanson Pour Les Petit Enfant
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Sherry

Post by derek1154 »

HI Roxanne

It was great to meet you and everyone.. It was a great time and i wouldn't have missed for the world. I was amazed that Buffett News used my photo's on the home page. We were lucky enough to meet him at the end of the show and he was lovely.

The reason for trying to link he shows together was cost apparently.. It would be cheaper for it to be done that way now London has taken off..so we will have to wait and see.

And yes i wonder if he did make it to go surfin, lol

Cheers

Kath
Two English fans in Spain

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Captain Tony wrote: Even with all this it was a great weekend and cant wait to do it all over again...))
Absolutely!!! Great story of a "finest adventure" type!

Captain Tony

Post by Captain Tony »

no shoes wrote:
Captain Tony wrote:I thought the concert was great, great venue too, very similar to London's Shepherds Bush. But thats where the fun stopped!!
I echo Alans words - why didnt you say something?? Dont ever do that again!! :-? you know anyone of us would have been there for you..............

Glad it all seems like an adventure now - isn't hindsight wonderful :D
Yes hindsight is great Roxanne, but at 3am thoughts of hindsight was far from my mind :)
I didnt want to say anything, too embarrassed :oops:
I was just happy to be in Paris, 3 weeks prior and i was'nt even going...))

Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

conched wrote:One of Dutch Harbor PH and wifey poo!

Karacal wrote:Congrats to Dutch and Wifey Poo for getting the flipflop!!!
I just watched the video on the BN home page ( www.buffettnews.com ) of Dutch fishing for the flip flop... hysterical!! Way to go Dutch!! Brilliant! :D :D :D :D

For everyone who was there, and is sharing their stories and their pics and their videos... thank you so much! Lots of good stuff - it's been a real treat! Jimmy's still making magic after all these years! :D
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave

Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it

Post by Dutch Harbor PH »

Tiki Bar wrote:
conched wrote:One of Dutch Harbor PH and wifey poo!

Karacal wrote:Congrats to Dutch and Wifey Poo for getting the flipflop!!!
I just watched the video on the BN home page ( http://www.buffettnews.com ) of Dutch fishing for the flip flop... hysterical!! Way to go Dutch!! Brilliant! :D :D :D :D

For everyone who was there, and is sharing their stories and their pics and their videos... thank you so much! Lots of good stuff - it's been a real treat! Jimmy's still making magic after all these years! :D

Wow...still haven't come down off the high yet!!!! :D :D :D :D :D Thanks to everybody that was able to go....seeing all of your smiling faces was the best treat of all!!!! :D :D 8) That and being able to give Jimmy a smile and chuckle...that was kinda special too :D :D :D :D 8) La Cigale, despite being a bigger venue was amazing....Great sound and not a bad seat in the house with the main floor tilted it gave even the folks in back a decent view. We were up in the balcony, and at the beginning of the show they were checking tickets though later I don't remember anyone checking (then again there might be something about being able to remeber the 6'2" guy with the moustach and the coconut bra that might have stuck in their heads... :o :o :o ) I was going to the bar over on the right side and it seemed to not have as long a line...

OK to explain the fishing pole....It goes back to last years show in Vegas...I had snuck in a little kids pole about 2' long and when Jimmy saw it he flipped me a line about not haveing a job..... So Wifey-poo (debbie) said we need to get a pole in again this tiem, I found a nice colapsable Salmon rod up in Alaska and brought it back down. I loaded it with 50# test spider wire and....Debbie came up with the sign the night before the show (man the sharpie fumes were thick in our little hotel room!!!! :o :o :o :o 8) )...So toward the end of the regular set, I pulled it out, hoooked the sign on the caribiner and deployed it out over the crowd....I think Jimmy saw it before he left the stage. Debbie then said give me the pole! and worked her way down to the corner of the balcony and dropped it over the edge!!!! :D :D :D :D 8) 8) And if got caught on video!!!! WoW...a BIG Thanks to James Pryor for catching that AND putting it on the internet!!! I don't know when we will be coming off this high ...if ever!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8)
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Love it, Marcus!!! And Debbie's makeup was THE BEST!

Dutch Harbor PH
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: GROG!!!!!
Location: Not the end of the earth, but on a clear day you can see it

Post by Dutch Harbor PH »

conched wrote:Love it, Marcus!!! And Debbie's makeup was THE BEST!
Thanks!!! :D :D :D Debbie wasn't sure about the get up but she had a great time so now she's planning more for next time!!! I had to help her out with the eyelashes....maybe that's why she was nervous.... :D :D :D :o
Attitude: The difference between ordeal and adventure
Scars are Tattoos with really good stories
No matter where ya go....There you are.
Come Back, Come Back.....to the South Bering Sea Islands....

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

So glad for you, that was awesome. 8)
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...