Page 1 of 2

A Frenchman for the night............

Posted: June 11, 2007 4:17 pm
by no shoes
As promised on friday night in Paris, I am using my first post to round up all the limeys that made it to the show (and any that couldnt be there).

As discussed if we can start/restart a UK Parrothead clan/club we have more chance of Jimmy making good on his concert in London comments.

I am happy to act as co-ordinator to get this started so lets see if everyone feels the same now that the french beer has worn off........

A bientot

Roxane
8)

Posted: June 11, 2007 5:46 pm
by britparrothead
Hi Roxane,
well, well, where have you been :wink: Did you have a good time in Florida. If we can get him over here, I think it should be on the south coast, dont you?
I tried & tried to get tickets, but to no avail :cry:

Posted: June 11, 2007 6:00 pm
by Westway001
It was nice to meet you and raise a glass in the Meteor Bar

Dave

Posted: June 12, 2007 6:53 am
by Captain Tony
i was so gutted i could not make it, but more to the point whats this about him coming to London?
As for a UK Parrothead club, as you may or may not know i started PHUK back in 2003, but sadly after 1 year when it came time for membership renewals i only had 2 replies/renewals out of about 20 members so i was unable to renew membership with PHIP, but maybe with enough interest we could get it up and running again. The biggest problem with the UK club was the spread of members, from south coast to scotland so gatherings can be a problem, check out my site and look at phlockings, read Maggie Gee's report. http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/par ... .index.htm
Del

Posted: June 12, 2007 10:28 am
by no shoes
Noreen

I feel really bad now! I thought of you before we went and I guess I just assumed that you would be there. Sorry!

We are at the french house for a couple of months and I saw the announcement of the concert only two weeks before the date. We also had trouble getting tickets from ticketnet.fr but Andy went via the french yellow pages and located another agency that had them. I know you dont want to hear this but there were people at the New Morning that had only got their tickets the day before.

Had a great time in FLorida but it seems a long time ago now. Off again in October for my nieces wedding. Back to the island mid July so the time will soon pass.

Jimmy mentioned on stage the possability of going to London and also when I spoke to the blond lady singer (sorry name escapes me) she also said that London had been discussed among the band as a possible location. She also said that if we had our own Parrothead club that would help our chances of getting a concert. Hence the call to arms........

Happy to let someone else take the lead if they feel they have the time. I guess we could start a virtual club as a way of working out how much take up there would be.

Any help and comments welcome [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

Posted: June 12, 2007 11:04 am
by RinglingRingling
no shoes wrote:Noreen

I feel really bad now! I thought of you before we went and I guess I just assumed that you would be there. Sorry!

We are at the french house for a couple of months and I saw the announcement of the concert only two weeks before the date. We also had trouble getting tickets from ticketnet.fr but Andy went via the french yellow pages and located another agency that had them. I know you dont want to hear this but there were people at the New Morning that had only got their tickets the day before.

Had a great time in FLorida but it seems a long time ago now. Off again in October for my nieces wedding. Back to the island mid July so the time will soon pass.

Jimmy mentioned on stage the possability of going to London and also when I spoke to the blond lady singer (sorry name escapes me) she also said that London had been discussed among the band as a possible location. She also said that if we had our own Parrothead club that would help our chances of getting a concert. Hence the call to arms........

Happy to let someone else take the lead if they feel they have the time. I guess we could start a virtual club as a way of working out how much take up there would be.

Any help and comments welcome [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
there is a French PHC? :)

Posted: June 12, 2007 11:20 am
by britparrothead
Ringling we are talking PHUK not PHRENCH :wink: :wink:

Posted: June 12, 2007 1:04 pm
by no shoes
Am I missing something here?

I checked the list of PH clubs and could find none in Europe at all.........

Should I be looking some place else?

Sante!

Posted: June 12, 2007 1:43 pm
by britparrothead
Read Cpt Tony' post above, then go to the link for his website.

Posted: June 13, 2007 6:45 am
by no shoes
Had a good look around Captain Tonys site. Love the transfers for the t-shirts.

So how do we move this forward - any ideas? Somehow we need to find out what sort of take up there will be.

I think Jimmy Buffett plays the Isle of Wight has a good ring to it!

Posted: June 13, 2007 8:08 am
by Captain Tony
no shoes wrote:Had a good look around Captain Tonys site. Love the transfers for the t-shirts.

So how do we move this forward - any ideas? Somehow we need to find out what sort of take up there will be.

I think Jimmy Buffett plays the Isle of Wight has a good ring to it!
Hi no shoes,
i was thinking of a way to reach more UK fans, (they are not parrotheads yet, if they were then they would already be here :D ) and i was thinking of putting something up on ebay because a lot of fans will search ebay for Buffett related stuff (be it cd's, DVD's etc) and could point them in the way of the club, and if there was enough interest then we could get it up and running again.
Glad you like the PHUK t's, i spent a lot of time on that alone.
Del

Posted: June 13, 2007 8:16 am
by britparrothead
Hi Roxanne
not The Isle of Whight please? You know t is just one GIANT penal colony :lol:

Posted: June 13, 2007 8:39 am
by RinglingRingling
britparrothead wrote:Ringling we are talking PHUK not PHRENCH :wink: :wink:
not even going to run with that setup.. :D

Posted: June 13, 2007 8:42 am
by Captain Tony
britparrothead wrote:Read Cpt Tony' post above, then go to the link for his website.
Thanks Noreen

Posted: June 13, 2007 9:34 am
by britparrothead
Ringling, PHUK = Parotheads of The UK. We really are all rather sweet and twee over here you know [smilie=battingeyes.gif]

Posted: June 13, 2007 9:54 am
by Captain Tony
britparrothead wrote:Ringling, PHUK = Parotheads of The UK. We really are all rather sweet and twee over here you know [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
I'll second that :roll:

Posted: June 13, 2007 9:57 am
by no shoes
britparrothead wrote:Hi Roxanne
not The Isle of Whight please? You know t is just one GIANT penal colony :lol:
If its good enough for Hendrix, The Who, Rolling Stones etc I am sure Jimmy would be happy...............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6739253.stm

Posted: June 13, 2007 9:58 am
by RinglingRingling
britparrothead wrote:Ringling, PHUK = Parotheads of The UK. We really are all rather sweet and twee over here you know [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
I know... this isn't quite my first rodeo... :D

I was around when the first incarnation was being talked about and formed. Even remember a story about the inaugural phlocking. :)

as for the setup line... not sure what twee means. :D

Posted: June 13, 2007 10:22 am
by Captain Tony
RinglingRingling wrote:
I was around when the first incarnation was being talked about and formed. Even remember a story about the inaugural phlocking. :)
And at our last phlocking (although we was no longer registered) we had Jeff Pike from A1A

Posted: June 13, 2007 10:36 am
by RinglingRingling
Captain Tony wrote:
RinglingRingling wrote:
I was around when the first incarnation was being talked about and formed. Even remember a story about the inaugural phlocking. :)
And at our last phlocking (although we was no longer registered) we had Jeff Pike from A1A
ahhh... I knew a family of Pikes, sickly folk, usually feeling a bit peaked..