Is Jimmy Checking up on Us?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Gypsy In The Palace
I Love the Now!

Is Jimmy Checking up on Us?

Post by Gypsy In The Palace »

Did anyone notice during the Knees of My Heart rehearsal in the Mini Matinee the laptop computer sitting right by Jimmy? I wonder if he had just finished checking out the latest posts on BuffettNews! :D
frognot
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Old Fashioned or an IPA

Post by frognot »

Hey Jimmy! Hope ya had a great Thanksgiving! BTW, could ya play Migration the next time you're in TX?
Hank Hill : Just in case I'm incapacitated for some reason, do you know how to start a man's heart with a downed power line?

Bobby: No.

Hank : Well, there's really no wrong way to do it.
ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by ragtopW »

Hey Jimmy Boise has lot's of Parrotheads to play for, I'll even make Gumbo. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bamafan
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Bamafan »

I think he comes and reads the posts to get idea of what fans want. There's example's, there was a lot of posts asking him to mix up the set list and he did, and there was also a lot of posts asking for live cd's and a DVD and we got them. :D
northeasternparrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Weather is Here
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Marg. Tequilla.......what else?

Post by northeasternparrothead »

as much as i hate to be the voice of reason, it also could be because that he may have forgotten the lyrics to some of his older songs, and is brushing up on them a little. For example, In the Shelter, an older song which he didn't perofrm all that much before the TTTour, he may have needed to refresh his memory.....he, not I, admits that he has senior moments

although i hafta say too, i hope he is keeping in touch with us bn'ers!
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere.....
Bamafan
Under My Lone Palm

Post by Bamafan »

northeasternparrothead wrote:as much as i hate to be the voice of reason, it also could be because that he may have forgotten the lyrics to some of his older songs, and is brushing up on them a little. For example, In the Shelter, an older song which he didn't perofrm all that much before the TTTour, he may have needed to refresh his memory.....he, not I, admits that he has senior moments

although i hafta say too, i hope he is keeping in touch with us bn'ers!

You hit the nail on the head, if you look closely on Mini Matinee during Knees of my heart he has the words to I don't know and i Don't care from Margaritaville.com on the screen. :wink:
Brown Eyes
I have found me a home

Post by Brown Eyes »

I've always wondered... is this "THE" JB messageboard? I know margaritaville has a message board, but goodness is it hard to use.

Is this the biggest JB board?
To hell with it, marry me.
prthd4353
Hoot!

Post by prthd4353 »

Brown Eyes wrote:I've always wondered... is this "THE" JB messageboard? I know margaritaville has a message board, but goodness is it hard to use.

Is this the biggest JB board?
yes the margaritaville web board is very hard to use!
JBfan'03
I need two more boat drinks

Post by JBfan'03 »

if margatriaville.com is jimmy's offical website then why is the MB so hard to use?

I think this should be the "offical" MB :)

god and peace.
Vanessa :)
I know I should be leaving this climate.
I got a verse but can't rhyme it.
I gotta go where it's warm.

**I'm a born again christian and proud of it** :)
nycparrothead
Changing Channels

Post by nycparrothead »

The next time Jimmy needs to use my phone, I'll just ask him! I'll get back to you! :wink: :lol: :lol:
Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: **Free**

Post by Snowparrot »

Hey Jimmy,
Come back to Canada! I missed your last visit.
You could do a house concert for my birthday!
Love,
Barb
Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

"Is Jimmy Checking up on Us?"

In Jimmy's spoken intro to MiniMatinee1, where he says "well you asked for it, so we put this together for you" (or something like that), I thought to myself that he was talking about BNers!
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave
12vmanRick
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Pacing the Cage
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum

Post by 12vmanRick »

Next time someone from here meets Jimmy why don't you just ask him if he ever reads the posts here.
When they run you out of town make it look like you are leading the parade.
creeky
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: non drinker ;o)

Post by creeky »

12vmanRick wrote:Next time someone from here meets Jimmy why don't you just ask him if he ever reads the posts here.
Ok, I will do that next week in Florida. I am planning on swinging by and seeing if we can take his boat out for the day to the Bahama's or something :roll: :lol:
nycparrothead
Changing Channels

Post by nycparrothead »

creeky wrote:
12vmanRick wrote:Next time someone from here meets Jimmy why don't you just ask him if he ever reads the posts here.
Ok, I will do that next week in Florida. I am planning on swinging by and seeing if we can take his boat out for the day to the Bahama's or something :roll: :lol:
Sorry Creeky. He's letting me use the boat next week. Maybe you can borrow one of the planes! :lol:
creeky
Last Man Standing

Post by creeky »

nycparrothead wrote:
creeky wrote:
Sorry Creeky. He's letting me use the boat next week. Maybe you can borrow one of the planes! :lol:
I dont like flying - and we have changed plans and flying to Florida instead of driving, so think I will still go with the boat. If it is explained I am from Australia, I am sure we can bump you off the boat - or we could even share :lol:
nycparrothead
Changing Channels

Post by nycparrothead »

creeky wrote:I dont like flying - and we have changed plans and flying to Florida instead of driving, so think I will still go with the boat. If it is explained I am from Australia, I am sure we can bump you off the boat - or we could even share :lol:
I guess I'll take the plane then.. If I have to! :lol: :lol:
creeky
Last Man Standing

Post by creeky »

nycparrothead wrote:
creeky wrote:I dont like flying - and we have changed plans and flying to Florida instead of driving, so think I will still go with the boat. If it is explained I am from Australia, I am sure we can bump you off the boat - or we could even share :lol:
ok, well we can compromise - I wont be there till the weekend after next, so you can have it till then - but please clean it before you leave :)
nycparrothead
Changing Channels

Post by nycparrothead »

creeky wrote:
nycparrothead wrote:
ok, well we can compromise - I wont be there till the weekend after next, so you can have it till then - but please clean it before you leave :)
I'll just make Jimmy clean it. After all, it's his damn boat! :lol: :lol:
Air M'Ville Cap'n
Inactive User

Post by Air M'Ville Cap'n »

nycparrothead wrote:
Need a pilot? :lol: