upset with younger crowd

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

mason
Hoot!
Posts: 2027
Joined: April 28, 2002 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: san jose, ca
Contact:

Post by mason »

Love and Luck wrote:Hey Mason... can I get a hell yeah :roll:
of course....let me clear my throat......

H E L L ......Y E A H ......

ahhhhhh...i feel much better.....already.

:D :) :o :-? 8) :lol: :P :roll: :wink: :pirate:

"listen to the stories i could tell"

viva las vegas

"no plane on sunday"

mason
Hoot!
Posts: 2027
Joined: April 28, 2002 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: san jose, ca
Contact:

Post by mason »

SDPirate40 wrote:Now this is a thread to address....how phun!

OK, at 44, I have been to 100+ Jimmy shows since 1987 (yes, I have no life), am a pretty successful businessman, and yes, a member of Pi Kappa Alpha...Arizona State University Class of 1980.

I agree with everyone, and no one.

I love the younger crowd, and even love the fact the music in the lots is sometimes something other than Jimmy. At last week's Chicago show, some guys wer blasting some other music, and actually were a pretty smart and rowdy 20 year old bunch. Great guys...did not make phun of this ol fellar (at least in front of me).

I can attest to the fact middle age guys are obnoxious...I drink my Captn Morgan until the show starts, and then try to sober up. When I do not have a date for my 7 - 10 shows per year, I am looking for one, especially blonds with nice figures....and have found me a few.

For those people who walked by the rented Suburban with the tailgate open at the Ft Lauderdale show two years ago...I apologize for the "show" you saw...It wasn't me, and I have no idea who the blond was.

Let's not forget the words to many of Jimmy's songs...they relate to being nuts in the often sad world we live in...especailly at a show where 18 year old and 40 year olds can mingle and have much in common!

I look forward to seeing many of you next week at both Boston shows in a rented SUV, just enjoyed the Chicago show...and look for my lil white convertible (California plates PIRET40) with a large bottle of Captn Morgan perched on the trunk at San Diego and Irvine shows!

What would Jimmy Buffett do?
ahhhhh yes, the blond. his gal friday. she was quite a looker at the san diego tailgate. sdp-40 has great taste. will she be with you again , sdp-40 or will you have someone new?

thanks for the eye candy....sdp-40....

:D :) :o :-? 8) :lol: :P :roll: :wink: :pirate:

"listen to the stories i could tell"

viva las vegas

"no plane on sunday"

SoCalMissMagic
I have found me a home
Posts: 173
Joined: March 8, 2002 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Left Coast

Post by SoCalMissMagic »

phjrsaunt wrote:I have certainly witnessed the type of thing you're talking about on a more frequent basis, 12#. I honestly don't think I'm just getting more sensitive to it b/c I am getting "older" either. It truly distresses me that these kids don't have enough control over themselves to know where to draw the line, or even to remember that they're there to see Buffett. Seeing a few boobs is just icing on the cake, so to speak. :wink: This also applies to a small portion of "adults" I might add. I just wish that I had some constructive advice for how to prevent it. :-?
In the meantime, 12#, and your contemporaries, ROCK ON and don't change a thing. Sometimes the best thing to do is to just continue setting a good example. :D
bumper wrote:I hold no fault on age for there are as many dopes in adolescents that equally reign supreme in middle age. My biggest and really only complaint is the measure of respect not afforded to those who go to enjoy the show, rather they are given to immature and disorderly conduct making the experienc for everyone just a bit less enjoyable. But then again...aint life just like that?
I thought I'd throw in my two cents! I agree with Auntie, Bumper, and the rest of you all... There are definitely people who get so obnoxious, disrespectful, or out of control that they can be downers for the rest of us... I've been witness to my share of unfortunate incidents (esp. at recent concerts) where the partying crossed the line from harmless fun to irritating and even dangerous... But I also agree that it's not about age-- it's about attitude.
I was twenty-something once :) and I knew a lot of people that could have a great time (and a few cocktails!) without having to disrespect others (and destroy things) in the process. Buffett concerts are all about celebrating a laid-back lifestyle, good times with good friends (old and brand new!) FABULOUS timeless Buffett music and yes, partying...

I love the fact that there are so many Parrotheads out there who love to party in true Buffett style, and that Jimmy's shows are still a fun place to celebrate with a friendly and outgoing crowd. See all you BNers at the Left Coast shows!


Image

12vmanRick
Here We Are
Posts: 9708
Joined: July 16, 2003 11:46 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Pacing the Cage
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum
Location: Crazy is becoming my new norm
Contact:

Post by 12vmanRick »

Do what you want just don't mess with my little island. 8)
When they run you out of town make it look like you are leading the parade.

SDPirate40
If we weren't all crazy ...
Posts: 509
Joined: June 12, 2002 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks At 40
Number of Concerts: 131
Favorite Boat Drink: Captn & Diet
Location: San Diego

Post by SDPirate40 »

Mason,

Thanks for the kind words about my date...I would pass on the compliment if I could remember which girl that was.....just kidding! She will be at the next show...stop by again for a cocktail...we will be playing a little Jimmy between blasting The Eagles, Collective Soul, and the Stones!

Just kidding parrotheads...no hate mail please, we will be playing "all Jimmy and a little Bob Marley" in my lil ol neck of the parking lots this year...

See some of you this week at Great Woods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boats, (Tour) Buses, Bentleys, Bars & Babe (wife)

22 years of Buffett with 131 shows and counting!

12 lb. nestle crunch
Overkill
Posts: 1022
Joined: March 30, 2003 10:36 pm
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: cran.+vodka
Location: houma, la

Post by 12 lb. nestle crunch »

whoa guys......

ok, i havnt checked this thread since i started it, but i think most ppl are mis reading what i wrote.

ok, the boobs. i have no problem with ppl asking/showing boobs, as long as its not degrading (i.e. a drunk girls that doesnt even know her own name, or harassing someone that doesnt want to show....). hell i live 45 minutes from new orleans, so im used to it. you just wont see me asking for it.

the frats. i have no problem with frats. i have many friends in them, and im even thinking of joining one myself. i just used the words "frat boys" as a visual tool. the guys that i were referring to dress like SOME frat boys and usually act like them too, as opposed to being like punk rockers or thugs. and yes they pull into the tailgate either blaring rap or the one of the 2 jimmy buffett songs they know.

my whole point is that it seems like this younger crowd has this mentality of "hey, jimmy buffett is in town, lets buy some booze, try to see some boobs, and hook up with a chick later that night." basically they take up tickets for the true parrotheads that get jipped. i think jimmy would rather have his parrotheads there than some idiots who cant make the drive to mardi gras

thanks for the nice comments IUP!! you are great too!! btw, whats your SN??

please feel free to ask some more questions if you do not understand the point i was trying to make.

12#

phjrsaunt
Social Buffettfly
Social Buffettfly
Posts: 37094
Joined: October 19, 2001 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Defying Gravity
Number of Concerts: 21
Favorite Boat Drink: coconut rum and...anything!
Location: Lovin' the NOW!

Post by phjrsaunt »

"It's all good" 12# :D
Image

My love is staying an anchor tied to you with that silver chain.
Image

bumper
At the Bama Breeze
Posts: 4525
Joined: November 21, 2002 9:31 am
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: home of the cracker posse

Post by bumper »

nice to see a young man such as yourself have a sense of decency and introspection. Class act 12lb.
--------------------------------------------------------
Image There is no place like Cabo in the winter

SMLCHNG
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 175803
Joined: December 6, 2001 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/Lovely Cruise
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Post by SMLCHNG »

bumper wrote:nice to see a young man such as yourself have a sense of decency and introspection. Class act 12lb.
Yeah.. he was in person, as well. 8)

Snowparrot
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5607
Joined: August 20, 2003 10:20 am
Number of Concerts: 14
Favorite Boat Drink: **Free**
Location: Ottawa Canada
Contact:

Post by Snowparrot »

There's a shot of 12 Lb. in one of my phew photos at

http://ca.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/snowparrotbarb

He's the young "sailor" lookin' quiet & shy.

I am so glad I found you all in the parking lot!

12 lb. nestle crunch
Overkill
Posts: 1022
Joined: March 30, 2003 10:36 pm
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: cran.+vodka
Location: houma, la

Post by 12 lb. nestle crunch »

aww you guys are the best :D :pirate:

please note my email change

lapel896@its.nicholls.edu

DrunkenIrish
If we weren't all crazy ...
Posts: 565
Joined: June 30, 2003 12:28 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Post by DrunkenIrish »

12 lb. nestle crunch wrote:whoa guys......

ok, i havnt checked this thread since i started it, but i think most ppl are mis reading what i wrote.

ok, the boobs. i have no problem with ppl asking/showing boobs, as long as its not degrading (i.e. a drunk girls that doesnt even know her own name, or harassing someone that doesnt want to show....). hell i live 45 minutes from new orleans, so im used to it. you just wont see me asking for it.

the frats. i have no problem with frats. i have many friends in them, and im even thinking of joining one myself. i just used the words "frat boys" as a visual tool. the guys that i were referring to dress like SOME frat boys and usually act like them too, as opposed to being like punk rockers or thugs. and yes they pull into the tailgate either blaring rap or the one of the 2 jimmy buffett songs they know.

my whole point is that it seems like this younger crowd has this mentality of "hey, jimmy buffett is in town, lets buy some booze, try to see some boobs, and hook up with a chick later that night." basically they take up tickets for the true parrotheads that get jipped. i think jimmy would rather have his parrotheads there than some idiots who cant make the drive to mardi gras

thanks for the nice comments IUP!! you are great too!! btw, whats your SN??

please feel free to ask some more questions if you do not understand the point i was trying to make.

12#
hehe, I really couldn't get past the fact that "visual tool" was used in such close proximity as the words "frat boys". Those words are a match made in heaven, or margaritaville :)
"At half time we were back talking in the dressing room, and uh we have done this for many many years, but we have voted this evening, amongst the band, that the parking lot at Alpine Valley is the best" - JB 6/28/03

f2cdlzrd
License to Chill
Posts: 1462
Joined: February 6, 2003 1:40 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy in the Jungle
Number of Concerts: 27
Location: Asheville, NC

Post by f2cdlzrd »

I must add my 2 cents worth here:

I am 27, my husband is 49; lucky bast***!

Anyway, we went to Cincy on Tuesday and sat on the lawn near the railing. Everything was ok until my hubby got 3 beers poured on him and the guy next to me decided to play elbow wars. I know I am still young, but I was ashamed of the high school/college aged kids. They go for the party; not for Bubba. My hubby, myself and two people next to me were the only ones singing "This Hotel Room" and "Growing Older But Not Up." I love Jimmy Buffett and his music so much that I don't want this atmosphere to keep me from returning to Cincy or any other city for that matter. If you only know 2-4 songs, stay in the parking lot or at least don't stand next to me!!
ATLANTA - April 30, 2013

Albion03
Southeast of disorder
Posts: 58
Joined: December 12, 2001 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: East Lansing, Mi
Contact:

Post by Albion03 »

unfortunatly i too would be cast in with the younger parrotheads(19). however i dont like to admit it. i am disgusted by the people who are only there to party and maybe sing when they think they recognize margartiaville. yes i also go to party and have a great time but its only fun when you meet the true parrotheads. i guess im just a parrothead 30 years too late.
"Sun goes slidin' cross the water, sailboats they go searching for the breeze."

Sidew13
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 21742
Joined: March 28, 2002 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Anything to put me in a Tropical frame of mind
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum and Rum and oh YES RUM
Location: Pickens, South Carolina

Post by Sidew13 »

As a soon to be 30 year old, I tend to look down on the roudyness of people. Yes there is a fine line between roudyness and having a good time. It's not just "young" people but drunk "old" people. Maybe I am turning into my parents. :-?
Trying to Take Another Road

Image Image

Gypsy In The Palace
I Love the Now!
Posts: 1500
Joined: June 4, 2003 12:01 am

Post by Gypsy In The Palace »

Sidew13 wrote:As a soon to be 30 year old, I tend to look down on the roudyness of people. Yes there is a fine line between roudyness and having a good time. It's not just "young" people but drunk "old" people. Maybe I am turning into my parents. :-?
We are the people our parents warned us about! :wink:

mason
Hoot!
Posts: 2027
Joined: April 28, 2002 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: san jose, ca
Contact:

Post by mason »

f2cdlzrd wrote:I must add my 2 cents worth here:

I am 27, my husband is 49; lucky bast***!

Anyway, we went to Cincy on Tuesday and sat on the lawn near the railing. Everything was ok until my hubby got 3 beers poured on him and the guy next to me decided to play elbow wars. I know I am still young, but I was ashamed of the high school/college aged kids. They go for the party; not for Bubba. My hubby, myself and two people next to me were the only ones singing "This Hotel Room" and "Growing Older But Not Up." I love Jimmy Buffett and his music so much that I don't want this atmosphere to keep me from returning to Cincy or any other city for that matter. If you only know 2-4 songs, stay in the parking lot or at least don't stand next to me!!
**whew**...how did hubby get a young babe like you? does he know how lucky he is? also, perhaps it iis time to graduate to the seats? yes more money than the lawn, but far less aggravation.

:D :) :o :-? 8) :lol: :P :roll: :wink: :pirate:

"listen to the stories i could tell"

viva las vegas

"no plane on sunday"

SDPirate40
If we weren't all crazy ...
Posts: 509
Joined: June 12, 2002 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks At 40
Number of Concerts: 131
Favorite Boat Drink: Captn & Diet
Location: San Diego

Post by SDPirate40 »

12#...you still make good points...

Just went to the Thursday show at Great Woods, on to Saturday's show....

What a great parking lot scene, and even a pretty tame lawn group (note: "lawn" used loosely at Great Woods, should be renamed "dirt seating").

I must say no real emabarrassing moments viewed, but my neighbors were putting in their supply of beads to good use. Truly amazing how many young women lift their top for 20 cents of beads!

99% pholks playing Buffett, drinking within some reason, and mostly phans. Yes, a few people who got lost from the neighboring PGA Tournament that have "corporate event" written all over them that looked like they just stepped on Mars. On the other end, maybe 5 groups of male drunk idiots, one group who took pleasure in breaking all of their bottles in theparking row we all had to drive through and just dump their trash. Well, not perfect, but again, 99% great people.

This is my 104th show...still worth the flight, money, and time.
Boats, (Tour) Buses, Bentleys, Bars & Babe (wife)

22 years of Buffett with 131 shows and counting!

Post Reply