Back to the Island Society

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Hi, all:

Please check out the new non-profit and society linked to Jimmy and his music/lifestyle. We are looking for new members who are passionate about Jimmy's music and lifestyle, having a good time, and helping others along the way. Currently we are partnered with Singing for Change, Last Mango Boatworks, and Save the Manatee.

www.backtotheisland.org

Back to the Island Society's mission is to preserve, honor, promote and celebrate Jimmy Buffett's music, writing, lifestyle and impact made on countless people and places. The Society also strives to give back to the community through various events and fundraising. Back To The Island is Not-For-Profit Corporation, whose purpose is to assist in charitable acts, environmental concerns and provide of social activities for people who are interested in the lifestyle and music of Jimmy Buffett

There are some cool first round of t shirts available so please check those out. We are also giving away a free trip to Key West if you sign up. The site just launched live today!

You can also follow me on Instagram @jzsurf35 and @backtotheislandsociety

Fins up and stay safe!
Jay
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle

Re: Back to the Island Society

Post by FinsUp6835 »

If you sign up to become a member please use the promo code: jay

You will be entered in to win a free trip to Key West during the 2022 MOTM.

THANKS AND FINS UP!

Jay (IG: JZsurf35)
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

https://www.instagram.com/jimmybuffett/?hl=en

Check out Jimmy's latest post on Instagram rocking the Back to the Island "Oysters and Beer" T-shirt! So cool! 8)

Please join now at www.backtotheisland.org or order that shirt and many more! All proceeds go to Last Mango Boatworks, Adopt a Manatee, or Singing For Change. Membership is $29.00/year and includes a welcome bundle. The people I have connected with already are awesome.

If you join please use promo code jay (all lowercase) and you will be entered in to win a trip to the 2021 Meeting of the Minds!

Fins up!

Jay (IG jzsurf35)
Last edited by FinsUp6835 on April 24, 2021 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

FinsUp6835 wrote: April 14, 2021 11:09 am If you sign up to become a member please use the promo code: jay

You will be entered in to win a free trip to Key West during the 2021 MOTM.

THANKS AND FINS UP!

Jay (IG: JZsurf35)
C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

100%! Joined when site went "live."

Great site. Great cause(s). Great guys!

Highly recommend!!!

Fins Up
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

C4Parrothead wrote: April 24, 2021 8:08 am 100%! Joined when site went "live."

Highly recommend!!!

Fins Up

Awesome! Welcome! Thanks for the support. We will be rolling out in-person happy hours soon in different areas.
C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

FinsUp6835 wrote: April 24, 2021 8:25 am
C4Parrothead wrote: April 24, 2021 8:08 am 100%! Joined when site went "live."

Highly recommend!!!

Fins Up

Awesome! Welcome! Thanks for the support. We will be rolling out in-person happy hours soon in different areas.
That's what I was told. Happy to be point person in Charlotte!
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Back to the Island will hold our first annual event on November 3rd-5th in Key West, Florida!

November 3rd and 4th will be held at the original Margaritaville in KW. Music lineup and details will be announced soon.

Head on over to www.backtotheisland.org now to become a member. If you use the promo code "jay" when you sign up you will be entered to win a free trip to this event!

Fins up!

Jay (Instagram: JZsurf35) 8)
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Head on over to Instagram and follow me at JZsurf35 for a chance to win a Back To The Island T-shirt this month! Jimmy rocked our "Oysters and Beer" shirt a few weeks ago. Check out all the awesome designs at www.backtotheisland.org

Once you add me on Instagram you can DM me with your name and you will be entered to win on May 26th. The winner can choose any size and style (as long as they are still in stock).

Also, if you join and become a member be sure to use promo code jay at checkout to be entered into a free trip to Key West in November!

Fins up,
Jay (IG: JZsurf35) 8)
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Still time to win a trip to KEY WEST November 3rd! Just sign up as a member at www.backtotheisland.org and use promo code: jay

Hope to see you all there! Fins up!

8)
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Last chance to enter for a free trip to Key West in November! $29.00 and use code jay at checkout to enter to win a trip and become a member. Drawing will be held on July 4th!

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Only a couple more days to sign up at www.backtotheisland.org and become a member! It is only $29.00 for the year and includes a welcome package.

It really is an amazing organization and we give back to veterans and ocean life through Last Mango Boatworks and Adopt a Manatee in addition to Singing For Change. 100 percent! If you use promo code jay at checkout you will be entered to win a free trip to Key West on November 3rd and 4th where Peter Mayer is headlining our show at Margaritaville along with Keith Sykes and Roger Bartlett among some old roadies from the 70s who toured with Jimmy who will be hanging in the VIP area!

Jimmy was rocking our “Oysters and Beer” shirt prior to playing the Belly Up show which was shown prior to the concert! If you are interested in sponsoring and creating a shirt or for larger sponsorship packages please send me a Pm and we can connect. More information coming for the BTTIS Tailgate party on August 12th for the Camden Nj show!

Cheers!
Jay
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Calling all NJ NY PA Parrotheads!!!!

Join us
NJ Cocktail Party!

THE PIG AND PARROT SANDBAR
201 Union Ln, Brielle, NJ 08730

JULY 29TH 5PM!

Come meet awesome people, have some good food and drinks, and see what we are all about!

PM me to RSVP (no cost to attend) cheers!

Jay
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Calling all Jimmy Buffett Fans!

Friday, September 24th - 7PM
Fall River, MA
TROY CITY BREWERY

Come for a night of great beer, good food, live music, and awesome people.

No Cost to attend. Just please RSVP to me on here via PM or on Instagram @jzsurf35 so we know the amount of space we need. Right now we have 22 people confirmed.

Hope to see you all there! Stay safe.

Cheers,
J 8)
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Also, Calling ALL North Carolina Jimmy Buffett Fans!

Friday, October 1st - 6:30PM
Hattie's Tap and Tavern
Charlotte, NC

No cost to attend. Drinks, food, and meet awesome people!

TO RSVP: Please shoot me a PM on here or a DM on instagram @jzsurf35

Back to the Island also has some very exciting news to be announced soon. Also, if you join to become a member you can win a trip to the December 11th Jimmy Buffett show in Orlando. Hotel, Airfare, and Tickets included (2).

Cheers,
Jay
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

CALLING ALL CHICAGO JIMMY BUFFETT FANS!

Join Back To The Island for a Social Happy Hour!

Saturday, September 18th 6PM
Corcoran's Grill and Pub
Chicago, IL

RSVP to jay@backtotheisland.org

No Cost to attend! Hope to see you there! Drinks, food, and amazing people helping out amazing causes like Adopt a Manatee, Singing For Change, Freedom Fighters.

Check out www.backtotheisland.org

We have some really special throwback shirts out and also some really exciting new ones coming out. Check us out! 8)
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

CALLING ALL CHICAGO JIMMY BUFFETT FANS!

Join Back To The Island for a Social Happy Hour!

Saturday, September 18th 6PM
Corcoran's Grill and Pub
Chicago, IL

RSVP to jay@backtotheisland.org

No Cost to attend! Hope to see you there! Drinks, food, and amazing people helping out amazing causes like Adopt a Manatee, Singing For Change, Freedom Fighters.

Check out www.backtotheisland.org

We have some really special throwback shirts out and also some really exciting new ones coming out. Check us out! 8)
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

If you love and miss legendary Greg "Fingers" Taylor then head on over to www.backtotheisland.org and grab your "Harpoon Man" tee today! It is really awesome!

BTTI collaborated with Finger's family and kept the original design. It is one of my favorite tees that we have done thus far along with Jimmy's LIVE BY THE BAY tee!

Purchases will help out great causes like Save the Manatee, Reef Relief, and SurfRider Florida Keys.

Cheers,
J 8)
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Head on over to www.backtotheisland.org and grab the remake of Jimmy's famous Live By The Bay Red Tee "only visiting this planet"

Proceeds help out great Florida causes like Save the Manatees, Reef Relief, and Surfrider Florida Keys.

This is one of my favorite Jimmy shows and it is legendary. Here is the actual setlist that was not all included in the recording.

Actual set list[edit]
There were several songs deleted from the film.

The Great Filling Station Holdup*
Son of a Son of a Sailor**
Door Number Three
Grapefruit—Juicy Fruit
Pencil Thin Mustache*
We Are the People our Parents Warned us About
Main Set
Stars on the Water
Coconut Telegraph
Come Monday
Ragtop Day
Who's the Blonde Stranger?
Volcano
Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Intermission
One Particular Harbour
If the Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me
Why Don't We Get Drunk
Let it Ride (Josh Leo)*
Dixie Chicken (Josh Leo)*
I Can't Tell You Why (Timothy B. Schmidt)*
Medley:*
Nautical Wheelers*
Tin Cup Chalice*
Boat Drinks*
Banana Republics*
The Captain and the Kid*
Somewhere Over China*
He Went to Paris*
Cowboy in the Jungle*
Cheeseburger in Paradise
Fins
Last Mango in Paris
A Pirate looks at Forty
Margaritaville
Encore
Gypsies in the Palace**
Brown Eyed Girl*
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Look at that...35 songs! :o
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...