Buffett Logo Font - HELP

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

JMarkW1987
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 26

Buffett Logo Font - HELP

Post by JMarkW1987 »

Hello all,

I'm looking for the font used for Jimmy's logo on the Songs You Know by Heart album cover... The CD has the yellow cover and red font... Anyone know what kind of script font this is, or who the original album artist was? I'm trying to generate my own sort of logo copy, but I can't find anything that's even remotely close.

Thanks in advance!

Mark
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Re: Buffett Logo Font - HELP

Post by urlcenter »

JMarkW1987 wrote: November 13, 2020 11:07 am Hello all,

I'm looking for the font used for Jimmy's logo on the Songs You Know by Heart album cover... The CD has the yellow cover and red font... Anyone know what kind of script font this is, or who the original album artist was? I'm trying to generate my own sort of logo copy, but I can't find anything that's even remotely close.

Thanks in advance!

Mark
I do not not know who the album artist was of that album, however using website that determines fonts in jpeg images I have been able to determine the the font is called Brush Script Bold

You can download it here:

https://fontsgeek.com/fonts/Brush-Script-Bold
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Re: Buffett Logo Font - HELP

Post by Rabbitz »

I reckon that urlcenter is close.

Either Brush Script Bold or more likely Adobe's Brush Script STD using Medium weight. If you have the Adobe Creative Suite you will have that.

Either way, the text is manually kerned to get the flow. Also the crossing of the double T and the descender on the y are added by hand.

HTH

Rabz
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman