Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

FLnativ
I have found me a home
Posts: 118
Joined: February 20, 2017 10:53 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 75

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by FLnativ »

I pre-ordered mine from Mailboat as soon as the pre-order option became available. I got an email from them on Tues. 24th saying my order has shipped.
USPS tracking today shows I should receive them no later than tomorrow.

dean_siu
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5107
Joined: January 1, 2002 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by dean_siu »

Crazy Navy Flyer wrote:
November 27, 2020 12:46 pm
Just received an email from Amazon telling me of the delayed delivery date, late Dec or early Jan. Guess I'll try Mailboat. I miss the record stores at the mall.
I had gotten the same email, but now just received an updated timeframe of December 8-10. I can also download a copy thru Amazon music while I wait. Guess I’ll keep the order with them as I had a credit I used bringing the cost down to less than $5 and doubt I could get any sooner than 2 weeks from now with Mailboat anyways.

MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 20433
Joined: January 22, 2002 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer
Location: The corner of "Walk & Don't Walk"

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Downloaded the CD yesterday......i thought there was going to small portions of the interviews, but there are not. In all, except for "Woman Going Crazy" i think the originals are all better songs.
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......

tailgaitingph
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5497
Joined: March 11, 2008 8:27 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by tailgaitingph »

MICHIPHIN wrote:
November 28, 2020 9:12 am
Downloaded the CD yesterday......i thought there was going to small portions of the interviews, but there are not. In all, except for "Woman Going Crazy" i think the originals are all better songs.
Damn, I was hoping for the same.
Oh well

Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Posts: 11108
Joined: May 11, 2002 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum
Location: Pensacola

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

dean_siu wrote:
November 27, 2020 10:09 pm
Crazy Navy Flyer wrote:
November 27, 2020 12:46 pm
Just received an email from Amazon telling me of the delayed delivery date, late Dec or early Jan. Guess I'll try Mailboat. I miss the record stores at the mall.
I had gotten the same email, but now just received an updated timeframe of December 8-10. I can also download a copy thru Amazon music while I wait. Guess I’ll keep the order with them as I had a credit I used bringing the cost down to less than $5 and doubt I could get any sooner than 2 weeks from now with Mailboat anyways.
Same here, I'd decided to cancel the Amazon order then received the updated delivery date, I'll keep the Amazon order for now.
Back to livin' Floridays

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Posts: 1617
Joined: March 22, 2012 6:13 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by FinsUp6835 »

This is the best work he has released in 15 years.
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.

dean_siu
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5107
Joined: January 1, 2002 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by dean_siu »

Mine has now shipped with Amazon and will arrive Tuesday. I think my arrival date got closer 4timesthis week. Maybe I’ll find out tomorrow morning that it will arrive Monday afternoon!

MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 20433
Joined: January 22, 2002 7:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer
Location: The corner of "Walk & Don't Walk"

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by MICHIPHIN »

tailgaitingph wrote:
November 28, 2020 9:19 am
MICHIPHIN wrote:
November 28, 2020 9:12 am
Downloaded the CD yesterday......i thought there was going to small portions of the interviews, but there are not. In all, except for "Woman Going Crazy" i think the originals are all better songs.
Damn, I was hoping for the same.
Oh well

they are good recordings, and different.....but not as good as the originals IMHO
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......

tailgaitingph
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5497
Joined: March 11, 2008 8:27 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by tailgaitingph »

MICHIPHIN wrote:
November 29, 2020 6:33 pm
tailgaitingph wrote:
November 28, 2020 9:19 am
MICHIPHIN wrote:
November 28, 2020 9:12 am
Downloaded the CD yesterday......i thought there was going to small portions of the interviews, but there are not. In all, except for "Woman Going Crazy" i think the originals are all better songs.
Damn, I was hoping for the same.
Oh well

they are good recordings, and different.....but not as good as the originals IMHO
I loved, loved hearing the stories behind the songs with him & his daughter (which I thought was super special) & would have been SO happy to have had that on a recording (CD) but will take what I can get at this point...

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 22921
Joined: December 18, 2008 12:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by lime rickie »

I wonder how many well-meaning givers will accidentally gift Songs You Know By Heart instead of the new one. :lol:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Image

Dr.Corona
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6474
Joined: May 8, 2002 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!
Location: The Great Lake State !

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by Dr.Corona »

lime rickie wrote:
November 30, 2020 6:31 pm
I wonder how many well-meaning givers will accidentally gift Songs You Know By Heart instead of the new one. :lol:
:oops: :o :wink:
Image
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 22921
Joined: December 18, 2008 12:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by lime rickie »

Dr.Corona wrote:
December 1, 2020 9:44 am
lime rickie wrote:
November 30, 2020 6:31 pm
I wonder how many well-meaning givers will accidentally gift Songs You Know By Heart instead of the new one. :lol:
:oops: :o :wink:
Oh no! Really?
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Image

Dr.Corona
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6474
Joined: May 8, 2002 8:00 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!
Location: The Great Lake State !

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by Dr.Corona »

lime rickie wrote:
December 1, 2020 9:46 am
Dr.Corona wrote:
December 1, 2020 9:44 am
lime rickie wrote:
November 30, 2020 6:31 pm
I wonder how many well-meaning givers will accidentally gift Songs You Know By Heart instead of the new one. :lol:
:oops: :o :wink:
Oh no! Really?
Nah.....I only purchased for myself from Mailboat.....but I CAN see what you mentioned actually happening.
Image
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image

bralph
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 47
Joined: April 26, 2013 9:28 am
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 12

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by bralph »

I've been listening to this on a loop the past couple of days while working from home. I love it. It's imperfect, sure, and by and large I prefer the originals, but I love it! The simple, casual arrangements are just great. My dream would be that this would be wildly successful, and (when it's possible) a tour would be inspired by it.

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Posts: 22921
Joined: December 18, 2008 12:19 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by lime rickie »

bralph wrote:
December 1, 2020 3:06 pm
I've been listening to this on a loop the past couple of days while working from home. I love it. It's imperfect, sure, and by and large I prefer the originals, but I love it! The simple, casual arrangements are just great. My dream would be that this would be wildly successful, and (when it's possible) a tour would be inspired by it.
YES!
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Image

C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Posts: 237
Joined: February 18, 2012 6:48 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / One Particular / Delaney / Pirate
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s
Location: Charlotte, NC (Down from Cincinnati, by way of KC)

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by C4Parrothead »

bralph wrote:
December 1, 2020 3:06 pm
I've been listening to this on a loop the past couple of days while working from home. I love it. It's imperfect, sure, and by and large I prefer the originals, but I love it! The simple, casual arrangements are just great. My dream would be that this would be wildly successful, and (when it's possible) a tour would be inspired by it.
Co-Sign!
Someday I will.

Next Tour Stop:
-Nashville 4.27.19 - SOASOAS 19 (32)
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS 19 (33)
-Raleigh 4.18.20 - Slack Tide (34)
-Charlotte 4.25.20 - Slack Tide (35)
-Red Rocks 9.10.20 - Slack Tide (36)

tailgaitingph
Under My Lone Palm
Posts: 5497
Joined: March 11, 2008 8:27 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by tailgaitingph »

Update: It arrived Fri Dec 4th even though email said it should have arrived Tue Dec 1st.
It was postmarked Mon Nov 23rd...

atmarler26
I have found me a home
Posts: 119
Joined: July 9, 2019 5:21 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1
Location: Connecticut

Re: Pre order the Songs You Don't Know CD

Post by atmarler26 »

FinsUp6835 wrote:
October 29, 2020 8:07 am
I just want it to be stated that I have said for years on here that he should do a rarities tour named "Songs You Don't Know By Heart"

Where are my royalties?! 8) :pirate:
Realistically, he is never going to do a tour consisting of all rarities. A tour consisting of mostly rarities is the most we could ask for. If I were to ever create my "ideal setlist," I would still include maybe four or five of the yellow album songs on it just because it wouldn't be a show without a few of them. The other twenty songs in my ideal setlist would be occupied by songs that are more rarities.

Out of the songs he recently re-recorded for Songs You Don't Know By Heart, most of them truly are rare except for a few. Don't think Tin Cup Chalice really qualifies as a rarity though- most diehard PH's do know Tin Cup by heart and it's been performed as an encore many times over the years. Chanson isn't really a rarity either. The best live version of Chanson ever, hands down, was when he sang it in Miami in 2018 as a tribute to the Parkland victims.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018

Post Reply